6.0 high pressure air adapter tool

Rate this topic

Just wondering if someone might know where i can obtain the adapter needed to perform air pressure test on 6.0 hi pressure oil system....thought NAPA could get it from their broad range of fittings in stock,but thats a no go...I tried the small plug match up and the one for icp sensor port,no luck...

It's been awhile since i've visited here,miss u guys...thanx for any help Posted Image

After having a few go missing here, I just drilled a hole in an appropriatly sized bolt (forget what size, but it was nothing exotic), brazed an air line fitting to it, and gave everyone that used them one of their own to love and cherish.

After the straight oil manifolds went away and we switched to the wavy manifolds it was easier to use the ICP sensor hole or the HPOP plug for Econoline. You need to make an adapter for the 303-966 test fitting. I used one of the plugs from the HPOP kits which is also serviced with the STC replacement kits. All you need to do do is drill it and tap it to the threads on the test fitting. I ground mine down a little on two sides to allow a wrench to be put on it to install or remove.

Posted Image

wow Keith great idea! I knew I was saving those plugs for something. they'd work for the test port at the secondary housing too if someone wanted to make a FP gauge adapter. The threads are the same M12x1.5

These two fittings make up OTC 6763. The fitting on the right is also sold by Rotunda (p/n 303-765). The male end screws into the ICP port as well as the test port on the secondary fuel filter (you may have to trim the hex back a little). The female end is 1/4 NPT.

Posted Image

FWIW, both of these fittings came in a Ford ESST kit... I'll try to find out the kit number tomorrow.

I have the OTC kit for myself(the shops is missing). Like you said, the hex would not allow the fitting to be screwed in all the way on the makeshift fuel pressure gauge setup I was using. I really didn't want to grind down my newly purchased ICP tool

No worries though, I discovered the actual 08 special tool soon after and it resides close to me at all times

These two fittings make up OTC 6763. The fitting on the right is also sold by Rotunda (p/n 303-765). The male end screws into the ICP port as well as the test port on the secondary fuel filter (you may have to trim the hex back a little). The female end is 1/4 NPT.

Posted Image

FWIW, both of these fittings came in a Ford ESST kit... I'll try to find out the kit number tomorrow.

Also available from Carquest under the same OTC tool number - OTC 6763 If you go to www.carquest.com and view their current tool promotions - it's on page 5 on the far right upper corner. $32.95 for both fittings.
  • Like 1