Recycling for cash

Rate this topic

Brad Clayton

I'm all for recycling but it can be a pain in the ass sometimes. I am an inherently lazy mofo to begin with and that doesn't help my view on the subject. I recently accumulated enough junk egr coolers to sell to bulletproof. I went on the website to see what was involved and how much I could cash in on. but first a little back story:

In South Carolina there is no deposits on soda cans, you just throw the thing in the trash when its empty. Vermont has a bottle bill law (to promote recycling) and you pay for the deposit when you buy the soda with the idea that you get your money back when you bring the empty can to a redeemer. So we throw our emptys in a bag. I saw the bag was full the other day and decided to cash in <rings hands together excitedly>. Now, not everybody in my household is as considerate as me and they don't wash out the cans, so I got a big ol bag of stinky, sticky cans looking like the Gringe who stole Christmas and hoping they don't leak in my car. Now I'm driving all the way down to the bottle redeemer, standing in line, by the way it's summer time and the place reeks to high heaven, and watching what appears to be all the extras from the Chain Saw Massacre that didn't make the cut, count my cans. So what did I make out with in my pockets? 2 dollars and 15 cents! So much for buying lunch with my earnings, but I did get my money back on the sodas I bought a month ago <blows raspberries >.

Bulletproof is gonna give me 20 bucks a core with a minimum shipment of 5 cores. No problem, except that I can't find a friggin box that will hold 5 of them heavy things. After scrounging around I get a box that is marginal at best. I pack the cores in the box like I am sending my grandmothers fine china half way round the world (they won't pay for beat up cores) and tape the shit out of it. You never can have too much tape on a box, right? I go back to the website and email them for a core label for Fedex. Now it's a waiting game, and 3 days pass with no answer. I re-email them and get a label which I have to print out and then go to the Fedex website to find a place to ship them out. Now I got to drive down to this place and get there 5 minutes too late. It was Saturday and now I am lugging this box around in my Sploder all weekend til Monday. I finally get the damn thing shipped off (the label expires pretty quick) and I wait for a check. You can use paypal but it costs you to receive money. The check arrived today and man was that a pain in the ass for $100 dollars. But wait one core belonged to the guy at the end of the shop and 2 were from the guy beside me, so I got a whopping 40 bucks plus any gratuities I might get from these fellas.

pack the cores in the original box. You can stack a few in each box. then tape each box to each other then find a box to side them in. I think the max is 9.

I have sent in mulptiple times with no problems.

good point keith, I might just do that. bulletproof is local to me by about 45miles so I can just hual them in, by that time I might have a truck load.

• 4 months later...