Gasoline in Diesel Repair Statement

Rate this topic

I know there is a fuel contamination job aid but is there anything in writing that states that the entire engine fuel system MUST be replaced on a 6.4L if it was run with gasoline in the fuel? I know I have be told by the Hot-Line but somebody is requesting something in writing and I am coming up empty at the moment.

I have one at home. Will try to get it done after work.

Any particular format it needs to be saved as. I have scanned photos, but never a word document for uploading.

Leon, got to ---> http://www.cutepdf.com/ and download the free PDF converter. Once you install it, you use it like a printer, you can scan documents, write documents etc. and when you are done you go to print like you normally would but before you click print you need to chose CutePDF writer as the printer. Then click print and the images or documents open up CutePDF and then you can save as PDF file from there.

It works great! I upgraded to the PRO version.

Thanks for the link. Tested on my avatar pic, works nice. Thanks.

When I converted them to PDF using the cutePDF it cut off some of the page. I can upload the PDF as well as the scanned pictures.

Not sure how to upload them. Instructions please.

Figured it out. FAQ helped..duh.. Posted Image

I uploaded the PDF and the scanned pics. I could not figure out how to rotate in PDF then save, so they are sideways and slightly cutoff. Feel free to use the scanned documents and do what you wish with them.

• 1 year later...

High pressure pump, both common rails, all injectors, fuel cooler, and filters. Plus the fuel line from the filter housing to the high pressure pump(one with the flex line in it). You can remove the check valve from the line that goes from the pump to the cooler and clean it. Some have recommended the fuel conditioning module as well, but Ford doesn't. 

Thanks, that's the list I have from the debris inspection test also. I quoted the same, I was just interested in what the old svb stated about gas in the fuel system. This one started and ran on 3 cylinders. Customer drove it until it died. I am guessing it is full of metal now.

Years back I had a 7.3 with gas in the tank traced back to a Sunoco station that had cross fueled its underground tanks. Sunoco paid my bill, but the funny thing is that Sun Oil asked all of the local TV stations to broadcast this to find other buyers of the mix. The reason? Because some people run diesel in K1 style torpedo heaters. Can you imagine? :cover:

This is a fleet truck, and the driver admitted putting gasoline in the tank by accident.  I was looking for the verbage from Ford to supply to the fleet manager concerning gasoline in particular. Man Gas in a torpedo heater might justify it's name.

My repair got ok'd by the fleet manager today.  Going to replace the complete fuel system.  I will examine the pump, lines, and rails for metal.  The truck was run until it died, and then was towed in.  I started it, and it ran on 3 cylinders on the power balance before I shut it down.  Had P0087, p2463 and p246c.  Customer said it was trying to regen as well.  Will have to see if there is any damage to the converter or dpf..  I priced a dpf to be safe.