99 Continental

Rate this topic

Mbl35

Gonna need to pull the motor to do the heads anyway. The way to go is to drop the whole unit out the bottom. Not sure what to charge but what ever it is it isn't enough. Don't forget to add an alignment if you drop the subframe.

Seems a little light in my book.....

Posted Image

Thats cause it weighs about half of what a diesel equiped truck does.......duh.... Posted Image

Mitchell has head gaskets listed at 19.7: Long block is 19.5, straight engine R&R is only 10.0.

Last one I did, I changed all 32 valve springs as per owner's request, after having three broken, and another two break shortly after. This was years ago so I forgot what I charged. I agree, the only way to do it is to drop the entire drivetrain.

Yeah, its the only way i would do it. Used to do tuaruses like that and you dont have to. This ones is problobly going to get a motor. Well see what the customer wishes to do. Thanks for the inputs.

Do you guys not have the cash for clunkers program going on down there still? It might be worth more than a couple hundred dollars.

No, that ended forever ago, there are programs in some states though, in California you can get $1000 - $1500 to 'retire' a car - depending on household income - everyone qualifies for the $1000, only low incomes qualify for the $1500, just contact the local B.A.R. or go to their website to find details on what might be available to you.