Just when I thought it was over

Rate this topic

Brad Clayton

Lost count on how many windstars I've done over the years. The recall appears to be pretty involved over 5 year models. Not sure if they are going to get a pump shaft or not, cause that's a tad more involved than just throwing a convertor at it.

I don't know what the hell I'm going to do if I have to start pulling a bunch of these things every week. I don't like my job that much and I'm so tired of fucking trannys

can anyone forsee subframe alignment problems, exhaust hardware problems or anything else that goes along with trans removal?

Looking at the optimistic side of things this recall gets vehicles into the shop and onto your lift where you can perform a Quality Care Inspection and sell some needed service work while it's there.

I think I did TWO brake jobs last year. I would kill for a Super Duty recall that puts trucks on my lift right now.

I just saw the notice on FMCDealer. I've changed a bunch of 'em retail, and a couple under 5/100k powertrain.

Swapping a converter at high miles is going to start all sorts of "Eversinceyou....changed my torque converter... my trans does...."

• 5 months later...

Times like this make me soooooooo glad I don't do trannies. I wonder how many tranny techs are going to fall off like dead flies because of this now.

The guys that hustle, can do a torque converter in about 2 hours flat (not sure how many bolts get put back in). I don't hustle and the rust factor kills the idea of meeting a 4 hour deadline.