Just need to vent.....

Rate this topic

It all started yesterday when my son tried to install the new Microsoft Flight on our computer. It tells us that our video card does not support pixel shader 3.0 and install is stopped. Fine, whatever, I get that the computer industry is mandated to keep updating things, no big deal, we wait for a bit to try the game. WRONG!!!!!!! I got a message this morning from my wife telling me that a popular gaming site that my son frequents is now also telling me that my video card is "OUT OF DATE". Was fine yesterday, what a PITA. Most likely it just needs to have the drivers updated, but I don't trust my son or wife to do this. I wouldn't be so ticked at the thought of most likely buying a new computer so my kids can play games on it, all but for the fact that I just dropped almost $500 on an XBOX with the KINECT just 2 months ago that doesn't get used that much by the kids. The one game that gets played the most on it, I had for our old PS2, which is neatly packed away and still works. Posted Image

The wonderful world of computers!

Just bought a new printer/scanner it will not install. Updated drivers still no go. Called tech support she says my tower [of the same brand] does not have enough power to run new printer through usb port. I need new tower also. This is my garage computer that has alldata on it. What happened to setting points with a matchbook and cruising down the road??? Posted Image

I feel your pain...... T'was about 1970 and I sprang for a "then brand new technology" four track tape player (I think my very first tape was Strawberry Alarm Clocks "Incense And Peppermints" album). Not even two years later, that was in a box in the back of the closet and a shiny new eight track player was hanging under the dash. fast forward a few years and hanging something under the dash was no longer fashionable... Now I have a new stereo that plays cassette tapes...... whoops, now it's a CD player... oh, my - now it's an MP3 player... OMG, now it has a connection for my wifes iPod.... holee sheeit - now it takes my thumb drive.....

Electronics is a cash cow..... not long ago, I finally got rid of the last of my BetaMax tapes.

Think "planned obsolescence". They know that you wont give them all of your money in one shot.... they have the patience to wait for it.....

Doesn't it bother anyone to drive a car with "Micro$oft" on the dashboard after having two blue screens of death and three "internet exploder is not respondings" by the time they finish their morning coffee?

Even back in the 90s, we would suggest that "if it is on your desk, it is obsolete".

Sorry, bro.

Doesn't it bother anyone to drive a car with "Micro$oft" on the dashboard after having two blue screens of death and three "internet exploder is not respondings" by the time they finish their morning coffee?

That bugs me. And they wonder why snyc is full of bugs all the time.

Microsoft can go suck a fat nut IMO

Luckily a quick video driver update fixed it all. This whole pixel shader technology is a PITA. Try to find specs on what your computer has regarding it and you go nuts.