2010 6.4 with P2002

Rate this topic

I recentally had a truck in with check engine light and P2002. The truck has 77k on the clock and 5,788 engine hours. After inspecting the exhaust sytem, So I took into though that this truck idles alot, and we didn"t have any maintance history at our shop. I recomended a New DPF. They declined, but after some research I see that an Aftermarket air filter can cause this. The truck did have an newer aftermarket filter in it. do you guys have anythoughts on this. Iam a trans guy starting to work on more diesels. and feel bad that I may have chased these guys out of here over an air filter. Thanks Bryan

Any filter that claims better flow will set that code.

As brought up before more flow with no increase in surface area means less filtration.

Bet if you check the low pressure turbo its blacker than usual. Then they plug up and the customer forgets to clean it and they start sucking in oil. Just a big waste of time and money with no foreseeable gains.

I recall the 6.0L having a similar problem with certain "high flow" air filters that would create a disturbance in the the air flowing through/past the MAF sensor causing inaccurate readings. Thinking this is the same.