oops....

Rate this topic

So I was putting a 6.7 long block for a valve that came apart in #7(my first). I get all done and it runs a little funny and keeps throwing a crank sensor code. Posted Image I go over to the old engine and see something that looks like a rear crank seal... Posted Image I didn't transfer the crank sensor reluctor!!! just thought I'd let everyone know, oh, and the trans comes out pretty fast when your really pissed.

That is something you WILL remember. I am waiting for an EGR cooler assembly to complete my 6.7L long block. That tone ring is interesting, it does look like a seal and if you are not consciously thinking about it you can easily miss it. But I guess I don't need to tell you that...

I'll never forget my fuck-up on the first 6.0 I replaced. I won't even mention what I forgot to transfer... But I know I wasn't the first, and am definately not the last! When I see people changing 6.0 engines for the first time, I always wait until they have the flywheel back on to ask if they forgot anything.

A guy in my shop put a trans back in an escape with no converter last week. Had it all bolted to the engine and getting ready to raise it back up to the mounts when he noticed.