And the winner is.....

Rate this topic

lmorris

Wiperblade upsells if you can believe it. Funny thing is I don't do enough services to upsell wiper blades. Everyone's name was put in for the draw, 2 of us that do mostly diesel and transmission work won them.

Yeah, they don't give you the T4 for the wholesale price of anything. all retail baby. I won a 17 inch Macbook Pro, and my wife won a Coach purse at Summit this year. Can't wait for the T4 for that.

Anyone want to buy a Macbook Pro, still in the box?

What you got to figure out is do you really need it, is the T4 worth it. I set up Facetime with my Dad in Victoria. Worth it to me and the kids. Plus I now have portable internet in the house with out having to go buy a laptop.

At first I was wondering what in the hell a T4 was? Then I realized its our 1099 version here in the states. Posted Image

gotta love winning free stuff and having to pay taxes on the winnings. I was kinda pissed when I got the ford cruise and I had to pay taxes on a 3-4k cruise

gotta love winning free stuff and having to pay taxes on the winnings. I was kinda pissed when I got the ford cruise and I had to pay taxes on a 3-4k cruise

Now I don't feel so bad. I think I might keep that in mind next time FoMoCo wants to give me a "free gift".

Here's a question. Can you return the gift? Here in the states we had a program where you earned points... for what I couldn't tell you and the points were "worth cash" to be used in some catalog. I recall the last card I was given my balance was 10 points. WTF? If I had been issued a tax claim I would have been pissed. I threw my points card in the garbage. I am not suggesting to throw away an i-pad. I would probably turn down the cruise but Ford doesn't do that anymore so the point is moot.

We have the American Express "myRewards" card and we get a T4 for however many "points" we earn. There is no store in our town where the card is accepted though I have used it for nick nacks at FutureShop. My latest was a tripod for my new camera... I wouldn't spend "my own" money on a nearly $200 tripod but I am kind of trapped into using this thing to provide toy kinda stuff. My last purchase was a USB turntable to convert a few hundred albums to MP3s.

Notice I said that we pay tax on the points we "earn" rather than the points we "spend" - yes it is a buck a point.

A couple of random thoughts... it would be nice if this was a full on spendy card (prepaid credit card) that could be used any fucking place we want for any fucking thing we want.

Second - I am willing to bet the farm that Ford is buying these cards for about 85 cents on the dollar.... if not less.

Still, it is a LOT more than we got back in the 70s (read that as NOTHING) so I'm not sure a guy should complain. Let us remember that these "rewards" are there simply to try and get us to be doing stuff that maybe we should be doing anyway (that pesky "professionalism " is going to get in the way again).

I sure wouldn't recommend that guys group together, renounce any reward program and push for better SLTs... FRT proved that wasn't going to work since nobody else would step up to the plate save for a very few. (I think this is a by-product of techs that worry about their jobs).

If you win something because you're lucky... good on ya - I wish it was me... but good on ya all the same. If you win something because you're good... That is great!!! Good on ya....

Just remember it ain't Ford making the tax laws. And that means "If you didn't vote in the last election... STFU".

I used my points to buy a small college dorm style fridge which is under my work bench and a recordable dvd player. You had to shop out of Ford's supplied catalog. I kinda felt like a contestant on the old style wheel of fortune, I only had so many points and most of the prizes were way over priced.

I only had so many points and most of the prizes were way over priced.

That was the thing for me. I really didn't need to spend money on anything in the catalog because I didn't have enough points to get anything or anything worth getting for what I had. If I had been taxed I would have been pissed.

I hope you didn't get me wrong Jim, I have no problem with being rewarded or winning something and I think its great that Ford does that but sometimes even a gift comes with a price tag.

And where are my manners? Congrats Leon! Posted Image

Don't misunderstand me, Keith. The "taxable benefit" angle of my diatribe wasn't levelled at you or your post.....

But I see an overwhelming number of techs that blame Ford for the T4. Ford isn't a bunch of squeaky clean prima donnas, but let's waggle our fingers at the people that need finger waggling.

Some techs say that Ford should pay the taxes for us... t'would be nice but not all of us are in the same tax bracket. Not to mention that the tax component of the reward now becomes a taxable benefit...

For the voting part.... this is one of my standard arguments. I don't care if you vote "wrong".... study the facts/propaganda/rhetoric/public opinion and vote with whatever body part you can muster (brain is better than heart... but we'll take what we can get).

I nearly agonized over our last provincial election. The party I "wanted" to vote for did some things and said some things that caused me to vote for my second choice (read that as I wanted the party but not the candidate in our area).

Life ain't fair and I think I'm living proof of that (forget the "poor little Jimmy" shit - It is what it is and I don't look for sympathy).

A few years ago, I entered some contest or another (everyone in the service department was entered in this contest - even without any knowledge of it) and actually won a set of barbecue tools in a fabric carry case. Two of us actually won these tools. Yes, they were cheaply made- quite obviously in some third world sweatshop. But the overwhelming thing with both of these tool sets was the smell. The wood used in the handles stunk to high heaven!!!! Talk about mixed feelings....

As I recall, I left the pouch open in my garden shed and once the smell subsided, I think my loving bride "regifted" them. As a side note, oil patch companies favour many "standard" perks - BBQ tools are popular. Some companies do not spare any expense. My favourite set of tools is one I was given from a well servicing outfit... if I could find where they got them.......

Fuck... I can ramble when I want, can't I?????