11S25 torque converter

Rate this topic

Brad Clayton

There seems to be some interesting conversations over on the Ford boards concerning this recall and the labor time assigned to it. Of some of the talk, the idea of boycotting the whole thing and letting indy's do it has come up. Ford is allowing $1450 for reimbursement allowance.

Some interesting talk over there for sure. I am going to give it a go when one comes in and see what happens. I am doubtful of getting it done in 4 hours, but you never know.

A similar issue was raised when the torqueshifts were recalled. I made out like a bandit on those and the labor time was pretty low.

We're just gonna call SSSC on every one that comes in a request MT bolt etc... to get it back up to 7ish territory. It's a hassle, but the money should come through still.

The transmision tech posted on the message board saying that all the techs need to get together and boycott the recall and sue Ford. He just got called into the managers office this afternoon and got his ass ate out for it. I guess someone from Ford called the manager and ate his ass out for it and they took the post down.

The transmision tech posted on the message board saying that all the techs need to get together and boycott the recall and sue Ford. He just got called into the managers office this afternoon and got his ass ate out for it. I guess someone from Ford called the manager and ate his ass out for it and they took the post down.

Gotta love the power of free speech!

I was talking to somebody "in the know" yesterday... He was suggesting that upper management at Ford (at least in Canada) is aware of the issues being caused by weak warranty times and how they are runing dealer-tech-Ford relationships and that something might finally be done about it... I sure hope that our voices might be heard one day.

Somebody's got to you Alex....... lol. I was the one who posted the quote from the terms and conditions and Jacks login... How long did that last before it got slapped down? A day?

Ya these recalls suck. they were fine at six a guy could make money and not have to haul ass, and actually have time to drive it. I've been doing one a day since parts became avaliable sometimes two, but at 4.0 hrs I need to work on other things also. We work a 4-11 shift here so if theses were all I did I would be in trouble.

I'm not putting up with this shit, I refuse to do these for 4 hours. If they don't like it they can kiss my ass goodbye.

I literally work in a shithole thats falling apart more every day. If they think for a second the shop is suitable for trans work they can find someone else. We have a total of 4 racks available and more work than we know what to do with without this shit. All last week we were down a guy (that leaves 2 of us) and still had a full schedule, not to mention I had an entire fuel system on a 6.4. Now this week the guy off has called in sick 2 days and I'm doing fucking coolers and injectors on a 6.0 after hours because we have a full workload without truck work.

/rant

• 2 weeks later...

A rather interesting turn of events involving this recall nitemare over at FMC.

Glenn Bush Ford, Inc.Apollo, PA(724) 478-4113 I don't know if anyone has run into this, but the front subframe bolts would not come loose (siezed). We contacted Special Support Center and was advised to remove the subframe with seperate punch time. We cut the heads off the front subframe bolts and removed the rear subframe bolts and the bolts would not come out of the subframe bushings, as they were siezed to the metal insert of the bushings. We checked to see if there was a kit available and they are on back-order with no promise date(there's a surprise!).We contacted Special Support Center again and was advised to replace the subframe with a used subframe. We were able to find the only used subframe in captivity in our area. We advised the salvage yard that the bushings must be intact for the subframe to be useful. The subframe arrived yesterday and guess what? The bone yard dogs cut the subframe out of the vehicle with a cutting torch, rendering the subframe useless.I contacted Special Support Center this morning and was advised we MUST find another used subframe. I explained that the only one in captivity was sitting on our shop floor with wasted bushings in it. We were told once again that we have to Google search to find one. What kind of crap is this? This vehicle has been sitting on a lift for over 5 days. Who's paying for the lift time? Why won't they authorize a NEW subframe? It seems to me that Ford continues to make poor decisions on handling Recalls. I'm sure the customer is really happy about a "4 hour" (yeh, right) Recall taking over a week to complete and then find out that Ford's problem resulted in the use of a junk yard subframe! I'm sure that this decision will bring customer satisfaction to a new level. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No problems Trans work is my area so my fastest time was 2.5 hours. Now I average about 3 to 3.5 total time. I have been doing 1 a day sometimes 2 a day. Lowest miles was 24k and the highest was 251k on the original trans which amazed me. I haven't really had any issues with these as most are people who never come to our shop, and most are piles of crap with ever warning light on. lol. I give all the brakes a look over and try to up sell stuff thats needed.

• 2 months later...

There not that bad as long as you have a nice set up to get the subframe out of the way. At my dealer in Vermont, we had an old tran bench on wheels and I would lower the van down to it and zip out the subframe bolts, roll it out of the way and everything was easy peasy.

• 3 weeks later...

4 In one day! damn, thats haulin. 2 in one day good for me. I have a platic snap-on cart I lower the van on to to remove the subframe wich make it nice. All the recalls dried up around here I think we did a total around 115 or so.