2011 Escape 2.5L Engine Removal

Rate this topic

ETS

I have picked up a 2011 Escape with bad engine cheap. Have used 14k 2.5 Engine on shop floor.

Is it possible to bring it out the top? I have limited time in the shop this weekend and don't feel like screwing with cradel.

P.S. It's all wheel drive.

Any ideas will be greatly appriciated. Wife wants to drive it to work Tuesday. Posted Image

It will come out top.

Have it stripped, removed and new one dressed. Must pull all accessories and water pump but NOT BALANCER as it is a bitch to time and reinstall.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!! Posted Image

No marks on balancer bolt. It came from one of the better local yards.

Finish it up tommorrow. Waiting on radiator. 2" of crystal in bottom of the old one. Car has 81k all freeway miles.

My understanding they switched coolant types in mid year. Old engine was early build. Anybody seen similar deposits or clogging in early build cars? Going to flush system and use updated coolant.

Put engine in through the bottom. Lifted car enough to slide engine under then raised with engine crane and long chain harness into place. MUCH easier than out the top.

• 1 year later...