Sitcoms just don't compare....

Rate this topic

Brad Clayton

...to real life. I swear you just can't write stuff like this, I feel like I am in a Seinfeld episode.

My dealer hired a new kid to clean the showroom and such before the store opens. The owner decides to step up his responsibilities just a bit. It seems the tech bathroom sink was leaking just a smidge, the owner didn't like it and asked the kid if he could "fix" it. "No problem" he says. I go into the bathroom and the friggin handles are on backwards. I'm like what happened to the sink? Then the damn thing started leaking like you never shut it off, but you can't stop it because the handles hit the back of the sink and can't move any further to shut the water off. Repair number 2, now the handles are on correctly but they are so loose that the fall down and shut the water off midwashing. Repair number 3 and the current state, with both handles on full bore, a trickle of water barely emerges from the discharge spout. He gave up and the whole thing needs to be scrapped because he wrecked it beyond repair.

Ok, it's obvious this kid needs to stick to mopping the showroom, right? Nope, the owner says there is a bad ballast for the light in the back of the parts room, you up for changing it kid? "No problem" he says. I go up to the parts counter and ask for something and I see the parts guy grab a flashlight and head off into a completely completely dark parts room. I ask whats going on and he says the kid blew the whole friggin circuit out and they are waiting on a electrician to come out and repair it. This goes on for three days.

Okay, back to the mop for this guy. But wait he needs to find something to do afterwards. How bout dumping the shop trash cans and techs waste oil containers? "No problem" he says. I go up to the parts counter and ask why the 5W20 oil reel isnt pumping any oil and they proceed to hand me quart bottles of oil. It seems the kid dumped the waste oil into the bulk 5w20 oil container and contaminated about 125 gallons of new oil. Posted Image

What the fuck. This stupid shit still has a job there. When is enough enough? How hard is it to ask for help. How smart do you have to be to say "I dont know how to do that"

Back to mopping floors, for now.

Around our store, you can often hear someone mumble "and why the fuck are you acting surprised?".

This is usually about the time someone else is asking "and what did you think was going to happen?".

Why do I hear the music from the old show "American Hot Rod" playing in my head when you described the work he attempted to do?

I saw everything in fast-forward with the benny hill theme song playing. Posted Image