TBC fault no crank

Rate this topic

robp823

06 f-550 6.0 that i do work on for a friend.Called me up and said it would not crank but everything was powering up.TBC fault showing in the cluster.I know this is trailer brake controller.I pulled one of the fuses for it and truck fired right up.I dont work for ford anymore i work for International.But if i remember correctly wasnt there a TSB about this?

It is likely a networking issue... Replace the fuse and disconnect the module. If the truck starts with it disconnected and does not with it reconnected replace the TBC module. I ran into this 2X before. Haven't seen this in a looooong time though.

If i pull all the fuses for the TBC module TBC fault goes away.The only thing that has me kind of baffled is that if i plug the fuses back in TBC fault comes back but the truck starts again.Im just wandering if it had pulled down the data link and by pulling the fuses i reset it.But that really doesnt make sense either because i was still able to communicate with my solus.

Im not sure yet.Im going back over tommarow for further diag.I left the fuses pulled and he said it did it again.Prolly should have unplugged the entire module from the network though.

Well it actually turned out to be the starter.When i got over there checked for power at single pin connector at RS fender and load tested with a headlmap.Had good power.From there did same thing at starter.Had good power.Tried jumping the starter and nothing would happen.Put a new starter in it.Problem solved.