Why strap one battery on 6L f550's

Rate this topic

lmorris

I knew exactly what they were for. But many don't and it caused the same type questioning. 

I think all this stuff was done by that same guy that dropped all those white plastic tops with the o ring in all those old Fomoco auto transes.

You do realize, or maybe you don't, that those plastic "tops" are actually dipstick tube opening plugs used in production because the transmissions were pre-filled. When the vehicle was assembled the dipstick tube was inserted into the trans pushing the plug into the pan with no spillage, nice and quick. Caused no harm being in the pan and you were supposed to discard them when you find them.If I had a nickle for every customer that came in asking what that thing was that he found in his transmission after servicing it in his driveway on the weekend. Dome people were quite worried!Oh the fun you could have with those people if you reacted as if it was a big problem! :haha2:

Dome people were quite worried!

Who are these DOME people of which you you speak?

We should have a thread for questions and answers only entered on smartphones without editing the autocorrect substituted words..........I saw one on some talk show recently where the text conversation was a text asking what time the person could come look at the penis and if it looks good they would want to take it for a test ride.The ad was for a Toyota Prius.........

We should have a thread for questions and answers only entered on smartphones without editing the autocorrect substituted words..........

Ha! My phone's autocorrect turns the word "yay" into "gay"!

I don't have a cellphone because I can't afford one, so I wouldn't be able to relate to how "autocorrect" works. I'll assume it's a similar feature to how SpellCheck works.