"Retainers"

Rate this topic

I have not done a whole lot of repair work on these Ford 6.7L engines but every time I do I discover than any plastic retainer on that engine that has to be removed BREAKS no matter how I try removing them. Am I the only one experiencing this? From the noise shield retainers on both valve covers to the harness clips that are inserted into threaded holes all over the engine. They either quickly snap or I end up mangling them in the process of removing them. Posted Image

That plastic crap is.....crap.

Quote:
I am not overly fond of the wiring retainers for the harness going to the CMP sensor.

That is from my long block build article and is probably the worst of them all as far as criticalness goes. I had to get creative with zip ties to keep the wiring out of the belt.

I have not done a whole lot of repair work on these Ford 6.7L engines but every time I do I discover than any plastic retainer on that engine that has to be removed BREAKS no matter how I try removing them. Am I the only one experiencing this? From the noise shield retainers on both valve covers to the harness clips that are inserted into threaded holes all over the engine. They either quickly snap or I end up mangling them in the process of removing them. Posted Image

You are not the only one, they suck !

Seriously keith I've given up trying to save the plastic pushpins. Atleast 50% of them break so that they can't be used anymore. The wee little ones on the rad piss me off the most but the single worse clip has to be the harness on the rear of the EGR cooler assembly.