Interesting messages

Rate this topic

Jim Warman

First message of note is 5566 -

<Jan 18 2013 5566 -2013 MKZ - Front License Plate Installation

Some 2013 MKZ vehicles may need the front license plate bracket modified in order to install a license plate. Place a license plate in the front bracket andcenter to use as a template. Then drill a 4.75 mm (3/16 inch) hole at both uppermounting locations. Install the license plate screws to secure the license plate. >

If they can'

t build a license plate bracket for a high end car that works - we are fucking doomed!!!

Second is this revision - made more interesting since one of the new jobs in my holding pattern is a 2010 Expedition with P0012, P0022 and P0341

<Jan 19 2013 5567 -2004-2013 5.4L 3V Oil Pressure Specification correction

The minimum oil pressure specification for 2004-2010 F-150, 2005-2010 F250, F350, 2006-2008 Mark LT, 2005-2013 Navigator with 5.4L 3V engine is 15psi at idle with engine at operating temperature. Refer to the Online Workshop manual Section 303-01 which been updated with revised specification. >

25 PSI at idle WAS the Ford spec. I think they might be bleeding on engine replacements.

Ford invoked TSB 12-07-10 which, if certain conditions are met (without checking base oil pressure) we are to replace the VCT solenoids - which is about as effective as reflashing to get rid of P0088.

I think an inportant check is to inspect the cam bearings for wear - if there is an oil pressure concern, you need to cover your ass.

Let me know if you need me to post the TSB.

• 4 weeks later...

Feb 13 2013 5648 -6.4L Diesel - EGR Cooler Clamp Reuse - Work Shop Manual (WSM) Update

Replacing the EGR cooler clamps when servicing an EGR cooler on a F-super duty with a 6.4L diesel is no longer required. WSM section 303-08 has been updated with new vertical and horizontal EGR cooler removal and installation procedures.The EGR cooler clamps will no longer be packaged with a replacement EGR cooler, but can be obtained as an individual part if needed.

Not sure about everyone else, but I started doing this about 6 months after they came out.

In that camp as well.

Lets remove the exhaust manifold to change two clamps.

I did actually have one break, on my own truck. Cooler had never been off. Looked down after power washing the engine one day and the forward clamp on the horizontal cooler was hanging there in two pieces.

Lets remove the exhaust manifold to change two clamps.

You only needed to remove the 2 bolts that hold the bracket on...

I always changed the clamps. I probably will continue to. I have seen reused clamps break on the horizontal cooler.

I never did. Just the bracket. If you check the SLTS, the time for both coolers has dropped from 8.3 to 3.8.

That is most likely the reason for the change. Warranty costs getting too high.

I just did a horizontal cooler today too. I'm going to make them claim dipstick tube removal, inlet coolant tube removal and horizontal cooler R&R.

None of those OPs overlap each other so we'll see. I ended up flagging 5.7 on the order. If you look in the WSM it has you removing the front studs to slide the cooler into place, actually this worked well, previously I was just loosening the vert cooler.

Actually here's a first, never saw a clamp broke but this cooler had a weld cracked and was leaking coolant externally. Plain as day, I even had our other guy look because I didn't believe it

They probably figured out most of us were not replacing the clamps anyhow, so just wanted to stop paying us for it. Probably because some whiz kid bragged he could do it in record time. I personally never replaced the clamps, just used the new nuts on the old ones. All the coolers I replaced had clamps that looked just like new. Also, I leave the oil dipstick in place if it doesn't come out easily. Posted Image