My vacuum line is broken

Rate this topic

Well guys, isn't it always nice when your own ride breaks down? Anyhow, do anyone of you know if I can purchase the little plastic junction that joins the two vacuum lines together in this photo, or do I have to buy a new line? Thanks in advance.

DSC00484.JPG

By the way, my truck is a 2007 F-250 4x4 with ESOF if it matters.

Should be able to pick one of those up from the HELP rack at Canadian Tire, just a regular vacuum union.

I might have one in my toolbox, I will have to look tomorrow, but as you can see it's 5:14 am -- I'm sicker than hell, so it may be tuesday.

Well, I managed to re-secure the line to get it working again. It seems as thought the rubber line going to the hub swelled up a little causing a loose fit. For those of you curious, the part number for the line assembly is 5C3Z-3C124-AA.

You guys don't stock those nipples?

Sidebar - back in the 70's - the heyday of vacuum operated everythings (EGR valves, Choke pulls, vacuum advance, vacuum retard, EVRVs), these nipples would come in different colours - The wise realizeed that the colours indicated the size of the orofice in the insert.

Sources for the nipples include Crappy tire and wurth.

Those vac nipples are stocked here. Same goes for 1/2 ton vacuum harnesses and nipples to fix those if needed.

I actually prefer to fix the things instead of doing the haness. 1222A pays 0.4 to repair ...