Prior Approval

Rate this topic

mrbudge

Just did an ESP prior approval for a Fusion rear driveshaft that was $7.00 over cost cap. Now I could have made the claim fit under the cap, but I just wanted to see how they would treat my request. All that was wrong was the hanger bearing was noisy, and not serviced seperately. Well, the request came back three times for more info (what is the cause of the failure, how would I know?) And all for seven bucks. Just in case you were wondering why response time are so bad lately.

I have been waiting two hours now for a prior approval on a DPF. This ought to be good

• 8 months later...

I just finished an ESP claim that is so far not going good. The truck has only 23,000 km on it, but is over the 5 year limit. The first response was that repair is covered under powertrain warranty so ESP won't participate. WRONG, had to point their mistake. Then they come back asking for labor ops because they only get 12.9 for bedplates... :scratch:

Same 2 hour wait time for hotliine here too.  I shouted them a quick question about the one I had with the 6.7 charging problem (fuseable link not replacable).  I was so mad afterwards I just hotwired the alt and let it go.  Put the request in at 2:30 and by the time they got back to me it was well past the order cutoff. 

I have a good one on the files right now, too...  I had to replace a steering gear on a 2010 F-250...  I was under $1000 parts and labor (which is our limit for ESP without prior approval)...  I ordered the part, which was backordered...  When the part finally arrived (nearly 2 months), the part number had changed along with the price...  So now, I'm $50 over after removing fluids from the claim and it won't get paid...  :boink:

I have a good one on the files right now, too...  I had to replace a steering gear on a 2010 F-250...  I was under $1000 parts and labor (which is our limit for ESP without prior approval)...  I ordered the part, which was backordered...  When the part finally arrived (nearly 2 months), the part number had changed along with the price...  So now, I'm $50 over after removing fluids from the claim and it won't get paid...  :boink:

Submit it with the explanation of the part update. It may take a few times to get your point across, but I should go through.

Submit it with the explanation of the part update. It may take a few times to get your point across, but I should go through.

That's what we've been trying to do.  It's been sent back 4 times so far. 

Ford sees themselves as one of our customers, the worst customer you can ever want to deal with by the way. Lots of customers think the dealer is out to get them or take them for a ride, and Ford is no different in that thinking.

When a customer picks up his or her car, they get to scrutinize the bill before paying and dispute or refuse to pay anything that is out of whack right then and there. Ford, on the other hand, pays the bill up front no questions asked then has a small army of people go over the bill with a fine tooth comb. If something is wrong.......well you know