Class Action?

Rate this topic

Aaron

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552143

There any truth to this, or is it some company ambulance chasing to drum up business?

Nobody's posted the letter's contents as of yet, but there was a guy on another forum saying that he got a fake recall letter from a local dealer the other day that was mostly an advertisement, but had the words "safety recall" printed in it, and it was NOT from FoMoCo, but a dealership.

It seems as though the tricky ads on the internet "CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD" and whatnot are coming more widespread, and even through the mail now.

I read what I could from a letter pic posted online...

The condition(s) it seems to state on the letter is that you've had to have repairs done under warranty or during the warranty period.

Sooo... they're seeking deductibles back?

You had to have repairs done under warranty and then replaced those parts again once the truck was out of warranty but still under 6 years or 135k miles. Then they'll reimburse you a certain amount depending on the repair

The parts eligible would be both coolers, fuel injectors, egr valve and turbocharger. This all has to heard in court on May 22.

I'm going to request to be excluded. None of this bs remotely applies to me.

I got this letter for my truck as well and I too will be requesting exclusion from the suit. My truck is now 7 years old and I had 1 egr valve and a turbo pedestal replaced under warranty and nothing since. Granted I only have 70,000 mi on my rig, but it has been a good truck. I am firm believer that meticulous maintenance and reasonable expectations will result in a 6.0 not having too many issues. If you want Aaron I will try to get a copy of the letter I received on here so all can read it. . . .

If you want Aaron I will try to get a copy of the letter I received on here so all can read it. . . .

That would be really cool if you would!

If you make a copy be sure to black out any personal information about you before posting anythng if you do.

KLICKEE and then MORE KLICKEE or even KLICKEE OVER HERE . Disclaimer, I have no idea if these suits overlap, compete or what have you.

What is plain to me is that someone is looking for gainful employment.

I don't recall when I first heard about something like this... but it has been a long while.

Some law firms don't have the "Sam Bernstein advantage" - these have to scour the news to find a cause, any cause, to champion. The cause should involve as many people as possible so that when the numbers come in, the lawyers percentage (commission, if you will) is going to be impressive.

The lawyers biggest concern is choosing a hook that will ensure that a lot of people will "sign up". He/she has probably never owned a Ford truck but they are going to get Ford to punch their meal ticket.

Whether a lawsuit is justified or not has no bearing on this post. However, unscrupulous lawyers aren't above gouging anyone who gets in the way.

I would think that you can opt in BUT US laws and US court decisions don't mean squat in Canada (or any other foreign country, for that matter).

You can cite Moss-Magnusson all you want in Canada - does it colour any decisions or actions? Possibly, but there is no legal precedent for us as a free and separate country.

I had a 93 F150 supercab. Wonderful truck - nice load of toys... The wheel wells on the box suffered from rust perforation. It wasn't until three weeks after thew rust warranty expired that I even considered the rust warranty. Too bad, so sad.

I feel bad for the man in your article, but it isn't like we haven't seen stories like this in the past.

Looking around, I see cars and trucks lasting longer than they ever have. Delivering as good or better gas mileage as they ever have. Delivering as good or better power than they ever have for a given engine size.

I'm coming up on 63 years of age and I can say, without equivocation that "stercus accidit"

COMPONENT REIMBURSEMENT LIMITEGR Cooler $475Oil Cooler $525Oil Cooler & EGR Cooler $825EGR Valve $200Turbocharger $750Fuel Injector$375 for 1st injector$125 for each addlb. Reimbursement of Deductibles. If a Settlement Class Member paid a $100 deductiblemore than once for repairs under the five-year/100,000-mile engine warranty, Ford will reimburse$50 each for the second through fifth deductible paid, up to a limit of $200 for four deductiblepayments.

Proposed payouts.

The only people that make money on class action suits are the lawyers.

You hit the nail on the head!

Class Counsel will ask the Court to award them $12.8 million in attorneys fees and $1.25 million in expenses, and to

approve a $150,000 service award to be divided among the Named Plaintiffs.

:rotz:

So this isn't a total crock of shit, it's actually legitimate?

Just kinda struck me as a "YOU MAY ALREADY BE A WINNER!" deal.

Oh it is legit Aaron. It's posted on the Ford website.

SUMMARY

In November, 2012, U.S. District Judge Matthew F. Kennelly of the Northern District of Illinois tentatively approved a settlement of a proposed class action lawsuit against Ford Motor Company regarding the engines in certain Ford trucks. The plaintiffs in this case -- In Re: Navistar 6.0L Diesel Engine Products Liability Litigation -- alleged that the 6.0-liter diesel engines in 2003 to 2007 Ford E-Series and F-Series vehicles contained defects that resulted in excessive repair costs, and sought certification of a nationwide class of owners and lessees of such vehicles. A hearing is scheduled for May 22, 2013.

CUSTOMER COMMUNICATION

Letters were sent last week to current and former owners of certain 2003-2007 trucks with 6.0L diesel engines, advising them of a tentative class action settlement that, if approved by the court, will provide reimbursement for portions of certain repair costs. Not all 2003-2007 6.0L trucks are eligible -- only those that had certain repairs performed during the warranty period are eligible.

Customers can visit www.dieselsettlement.com for more information and, if the settlement is approved by the court, eligible customers can download and submit claims to the settlement administrator.

This communication is for information only -- Dealers will have no direct involvement in the program.

Clicking the link to the class action website will give you access to the documentation which explains everything.

I just LOVE the money distrubution... $12.8 Million to lawyers / $125 thousand to be divided among the affected consumers. Brilliant!