Keep a level head, Ford

Rate this topic

Brad Clayton

I was thinking the same thing. But imagine this Brad, aftermarket tuners for the suspension! You can push a button on a display and wallah, a 4" lift! Posted Image Actually that would be pretty cool to be able to raise and lower the truck and even adjust the attitude. But I too wonder if that system is going to be problematic for Dodge

They are also claiming 38 MPG(Imperial) with their new V6 with the 8 speed tranny. How will Ford top that? Posted Image

Easy, that 38mpg is a total crock of shit! Posted Image

Just like one of the GT500's in one of my stalls says 34mpg. Posted Image

Ram 1500 use coil springs in rear. They have to have air help to not drag ass with the rated payload.

I see the current gen Ram 1500's all the time with small boats and other light trailers with rear setting down excessively.

The air is optional from what I saw at a state fair display. I was referring to the fact the 1500 got the coils for the last couple of years and it affected their ride height drastically and their offering of air was likely driven by that down side of coil spring use.

Ah, ok. When I went to the dodge site, I really didn't look, other than they make such a big deal of it.

Their rear suspension is much like the Chevrolet truck suspension of the 60s.

The Chevy C10 rear coils worked pretty good but the pay load rating was less and the level of ride quality they were going for was far less.

Put 2000 pound welder in the back of a 1993 F350 dually and a 2013 of the same truck. The drop in bed height is WAY different. But the 92 will beat you up and the 2013 will deliver you refreshed. No complaints here, just shoes the changes in trucks over the last couple of decades.

I drove a 1981 F100 short bed 2wd I bought new that my bro-in-law still has a few weeks back. I remember thinking that truck had a cushy ride..........