Restricted oil cooler no start

Rate this topic

Hi guys, I have a 2008 f-350 with 240k miles on the clock. it was towed in with an overheating complaint and then was a crank no start. I hooked up IDS and had p012f, p1335, p246c and p2463 in the ecm. freeze frame for p012f showed ect was 192. There are no signs the vehicle overheated, but the egr cooler hoses did leak very bad cold at high idle. degas bottle was full. As far as I know, customer did not top off coolant. So truck cranks up and runs fine. i clear codes and monitor ect and eot and eot gets over 250 degrees with ect at 195 after 20 miles or so, no other issues i can see. I stop in the parking lot and shut the truck off, and it is a crank no start. check engine oil level, not overfull. FRP cranking is only 2000 psi cranking. I test low side and have pressure and flow. Truck sets for 10 minutes, oil temp drops t0 215 and the truck starts. I run at high idle untill oil temp is 250 and it is a crank no start again. easily duplicated. I run the high pressure test hot nad it passes. Seems Like I have a weak pump. If I just put an oil cooler in it now, it will probably be ok due to eot never getting that high again, but... should I reccomend a pump at this time and inspect for

any debris. No p0088 or p0087 stored. No pump replace in history. What do you think?