6.0 L Fan Clutch Wiring Pigtail

Rate this topic

mchan68

For those of you interested, if you are looking for the male end of a 6.0L Fan Clutch connector, you can use part number WPT-1136 instead of having to buy the whole engine harness or source one off an old engine harness if you don't happen to have one handy.

Keith, it probably would be a good idea to have a Sticky for odd wiring pigtails not listed in Microcat.

The point of my post is that if you attempt to look up the pigtail it will not list one available, just like the one for 6.0L ECT/EOT/IAT #2 sensors.

How did you find it? Could have used that number a few weeks ago.

A customer came in to inquire about the availability of one, the front counter guy told him he had to buy the entire engine harness so he came and asked me if I know of such one available. After digging into the Motorcraft catalogue with visual illustrations, I happened to find one. And yes I did confirm it fits before I posted this information.

Like the 16-pin DLC connector I just ordered? WPT-615

For the first time I did one of those on a Windstar a few weeks back. It showed up with the customer asking for a PCM after another shop 'confirmed' power and ground to the DLC but no talky talky. I diag'd it to poor pin fit.

I went to parts and asked for a DLC connector assuming that I'd be quoted a harness .... nope! The customer was quite happy to keep the repair in the low hundreds when she was previously faced with a PCM.