6.7L High Pressure Fuel System "Kit" Now Available

Rate this topic

mchan68

Aug 16 2013 6483 -2011-2014 F-Super Duty - 6.7L Diesel - High Pressure Fuel System Service Kit

A High Pressure Fuel System Service Kit is now available for 6.7L Diesel equipped vehicles for instances when the high pressure fuel system requires replacement due to contamination (Kit number EC3Z-9B246-A). This kit includes the High Pressure Pump (HPP), High Pressure fuel rails, all eight fuel injectors, injector return lines, engine mounted high pressure fuel lines and the HPP fuel supply lines (Fuel temperature and Fuel pressure sensors included). When the high pressure fuel system becomes contaminated with metal, diesel exhaust fluid (DEF), gasoline or other contaminates, it is extremely important that all of these components are replaced. For further information on diesel fuel system contamination and repair procedures, please reference the 6.7L Diesel Fuel System Service Tips Job Aid located on PTS under Service Tips.

Just for shits and giggles, I went to price one of those kits out, and it doesn't come back as a valid part number. I wanted to see the price 'cause I needed a good laugh.

I checked this out and the part number is valid. 48 kits were released on 8/19 and are available for emergency orders with no sales restrictions. The part will come off of backorder on 9/26. I could not get any pricing information yet however. Looks like you will still need to order a fuel conditioning module and a fuel cooler as needed.

That makes life a little easier vs ordering everything seperate. Just goes to show you this must be a very common concern for ford to put together a "kit"

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just curious. Has anyone been able to price out this kit yet? I just checked a couple of days ago. The "kit" as it's described, prices out at about $5300 with no core charge here in Canada.