Hallelujah! I've been given the solution!

Rate this topic

Alex Bruene

I am noticing with striking regularity techs showing a great deal of concern/input of claims getting paid.

Are you guys withheld your hours until the claim gets paid? Are you helping out the warranty clerks or are they dumping this stuff back on the techs to get the claims through?

I am noticing with striking regularity techs showing a great deal of concern/input of claims getting paid.Are you guys withheld your hours until the claim gets paid? Are you helping out the warranty clerks or are they dumping this stuff back on the techs to get the claims through?

Negative ghost rider. I be walkin out the door if that ever happens.

This thread is like a chatroom, 'bout 3 conversations goin' at once.

But the important thing was, I had an onion on my belt. Which was the style at the time.

I like ice cream.

I like turtles.

You guys.............you guys are pros at this!

Currently I'll still do a lot of the diesel diagnosis for us, and then direct someone in the shop about what nuts and bolts they need to change. I just had a 43 year employee retire (not a diesel guy), but I still have other techs over 60. I'm working to build my techs as best I can, because the writing is on the wall about the work on both sides it takes to build a good technician.

That said.....MIke, Alex....I'd poach either of you guys in a heartbeat from your current stores lol. The commute would kill Alex I'm pretty sure, but I run one of the smoothest warranty ships going.

Either of you guys wait-listed for advanced electronics? I miss in-class training/ a good 3 day shoot the shit session.

Either of you guys wait-listed for advanced electronics? I miss in-class training/ a good 3 day shoot the shit session.

I have been waitlisted for 39S01T0 since July 3rd, 2013.

Are you guys withheld your hours until the claim gets paid? Are you helping out the warranty clerks or are they dumping this stuff back on the techs to get the claims through?

Nope...  We are paid whether Ford has paid the claim or not. 

Yes, I (not necessarily "we") help the warranty clerk out on a more than regular basis.  I often times take a stack of (diesel) ROs home on the weekend to review for some of the "less creative" techs in my shop, to make sure they've crossed their I's and dotted their t's...  And to make sure they didn't miss anything they could have charged for. 

That said.....MIke, Alex....I'd poach either of you guys in a heartbeat from your current stores lol. The commute would kill Alex I'm pretty sure, but I run one of the smoothest warranty ships going.

Yeah...  That commute would not be a good one.  If I were interested in a drive like that, I'd take the Warranty Assessor job Farmbro keeps posting.  You know the one...  "Bilingual Ford Master Technician"  for $50K per year...  :rofl:

Not waitlisted for advanced electronics.  I've mentioned it, but nothing came out of it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

But the important thing was, I had an onion on my belt. Which was the style at the time.

They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

I just had a 43 year employee retire (not a diesel guy), but I still have other techs over 60. I'm working to build my techs as best I can, because the writing is on the wall about the work on both sides it takes to build a good technician.

My #2 tech gave his notice to retire a few weeks ago.  His last day is next Tuesday...  So, that will leave me on my own.  I've been trying to get help from my light duty shop, and quite a few of them keep coming back with all sorts of wallet flush estimates and misdiags, it's almost more work for me than if I did all the work myself and slept at the dealership every night.  Thankfully we have one Master Diesel Tech in the light duty shop I can rely on, but he's also a drivability/electrical tech, so he's got enough of his own work to do, let alone find time to help me...

We're trying to convince said retiree to perhaps semi-retire for a month or so, as to give us a bit more time to find a replacement. 

We currently have 16 untouched ROs sitting in waiting...  And the work keeps coming.  I think I'll be finding myself in a pine box someday really soon! 

They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER!

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?

DOES .... HE .... LOOK .... LIKE .... A .... BITCH?

Yeah...  That commute would not be a good one.  If I were interested in a drive like that, I'd take the Warranty Assessor job Farmbro keeps posting.  You know the one...  "Bilingual Ford Master Technician"  for $50K per year...  :rofl:

Not waitlisted for advanced electronics.  I've mentioned it, but nothing came out of it.

LOL. Ya, that one is pretty sad. You need to be prepared for a long means to an end to accept that. One STI in MISS had to slug through prior approval and warranty for years before he got that gig. The other just came in as a master tech. When I applied for the instructor job, I go an interview, but Ttey told me I looked to young and weren't sure the guys would listen to me despite my skillset.....I was pretty sure that was illegal at the time, but I didn't force the issue. I've been waitlisted for advanced  elec. since July, along with one of my techs. Saw a couple running at MISS now, but I didn't get a seat. I'm getting my guys caught up on climate and steering now. Wheel balancing is now a restricted op.....argh. Base engine is killing me......9430 and 6701 require STST 32.... *face palm.