'03 High Pressure Oil Rail Fitting Snapped

Rate this topic

Have anyone of you fine gents ever come across this? Apparently, this particular engine has 'been into' several times by various different guys all throughout the U.S. and three HPOPs later and here we are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68fzutsckbw

Does anyone have a part number for that fitting by any chance?

I have never seen that or even heard of it. It seems that for that fitting to break like that it would have had to be subjected to the effects of an external kinetic mass. Those quick connect/disconnect fittings can sometimes be difficult to separate. ;)

Someone who doesn't have the proper disconnect tool?

you mean the die grinder collet tool? :scratch:
That's the one. I was getting at I have seen more than one Indy shop take that fitting off the rail. Not a dig at all Indy shops but I have put together a couple trucks that came to me apart from other shops and one I know of for sure that fitting was taken off the rail, possibly another one but I can't remember.

I've seen some guys get pretty brutal with that fitting - resorting to brute strength (and pry bars) early in the process. Never seen any broken but have seen a number of mangled ones. Build something idiot proof and they'll build a better idiot.

Someone who doesn't have the proper disconnect tool?

you mean the die grinder collet tool? :scratch:

Gonna out myself on this one. The last dealer I worked at had a tech that walked off with a lot of tools and management that was too tight assed to replace them. So I made my own using that tool. Working great for over 15 years. No issues. Sorry guys.  :cover: