fuel inj. top oring service

Rate this topic

This is how I do 'em.

I mount a 1 1/16" socket in a vice and set the injector into the socket.

Posted Image

I pry the old oring out. Then push the ferrule down in the bore where the oring used to reside.

Posted Image

Now this circlip could be a real nitemare to dig out with a pick. I use the method Alliant Power uses instead. So there are two ways to go about this, remove the ring, the ferrule, and the oring or just sneak the oring in and out with the rest in tact. I like to remove all the stuff and clean it up a bit. I take a small center punch and, using my jeweler hammer :) , give the ring a couple of taps opposite of the opening.

Posted Image

I end up with something like this: the ring will bow up on both sides (green arrow) perpendicular to the punch area (red arrow).

Posted Image

The ring can then be easily pried out with a pocket screw driver.

Posted Image

Next, I retrieve the ferrule with a pair of duck bill pliers. I use these instead of a 90 degree pick to prevent scratching things up.

Posted Image

I lube up the new oring and install it.

Posted Image

Next, the ferrule goes in bevel side up for obvious reasons.

Posted Image

I gently seat every thing with a socket.

Posted Image

I install the circlip by using the same method to mount a tire to a rim. I start the ring between the 3 and 4 oclock positions and then hold it with a pair of needle nose pliers and then roll the clip in with the wide blade of my pocket screwdriver in the direction of the arrow.

Posted Image

All set and ready for main body orings before reinstallation.

Posted Image

Now for the oil rail, I don't do one without the other.

I start by bolting the rail down to my bench. This bench has holes in it here and there, so I bolted on the end and wedged the other end against my trans holder.

Posted Image

Closer view of removed components.

Posted Image

I got these oring kits from Moonlight Diesel in Utah.

Posted Image

Going back together, I unbolt the rail from the bench, clean and then bolt it back up with it wedged the opposite way so I can tighten the snot out of the nips.

Posted Image

I really like this repair kit and the rail has a seriously positive engagement to the injectors on reassembly. These rails could be lifted up by hand before.

Do you have a part number for this kit, and the place where you sourced the kit? It's obvious that such kits don't exist from Ford. BTW, judging by the condition of the rail and injector in your pics, this vehicle likely didn't have oil changes done on schedule, likely leading to the cause of said failures in the first place.

I keep all these parts in stock, including the tool to remove the nipple retainer. I also have just the o-ring for behind the nipple if your customer does not want to replace the nipple.  I offer the bostech brand nipple kit, the alliant o-ring kit for both the nipple and injector internal seal.  Shoot me a pm for pricing.

• Like 1