DEF message disaster

Rate this topic

amailloux

I just spent 3 days trying to get the tamper message and def milage shutdown messages to clear on 3 2013 gm trucks.  Today I finally got a hold of someone who basically stated the truck must be driven until certain tamper criteria are met.  So I have to drive the truck 25 minutes with the ambient temp above -7 degrees Fahrenheit.  So the last three days have been below that.  3 effin days and now I get the answer.  So my standard customer reply will have to be "I am sorry sir, I repaired your truck, but you have to wait until it warms up so your truck can determine whether I fixed it"  I will call you when spring arrives and you can get back to hauling oil field tools and make a living again. Freaking software engineers have no clue.

Yes, the crazy thing is the trucks are fixed.  Nowhere does it state it must be above -7 Fahrenheit during the drive before a fluid

quality test.  Tomorrow it should be warm enough to get the trucks back to the fleet.  I have 3 of them here all 2013s.  Untill I can get an indoor heated track to drive on for 25 minutes they can just wait.

• 2 weeks later...

The GM "RFQT" is a nightmare to get through. I had a TAC case one before that seemed to go on forever. If you can get into the GM tech forums, the boys down in Texas were much more helpful is expediting our diagnosis.

I believe I have it mostly figured out.  Basically the RQFT is not necessary and driving the vehicle under very specific conditions will net quicker and more accurate results.  I had a field engineer on the line and he basically stated if the truck ever gets below -7f when

driving the rqft will not run until another 6 hour off cycle.