Windows 8

Rate this topic

:thumbup:  'welcome!

The only misbehavior I can report as of now is that if you have the PTS website open and THEN start IDS it freezes. So, before opening my web browser in the morning and logging into FMC Dealer I start IDS. I don't blame WIn 8 or the laptop for that. Seems like a software issue concerning IDS. I am currently using IDS 91.02 

My W7 machine does that too. Ever since they revamped the PTS site, having both open is tricky. Nice thing is that the IDS functions are near perfect through PTS, and the interactive PCED is very nice to use to.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am actually getting pretty annoyed with the performance issue it's creating. I have even noticed that when closing the PTS window with or without IDS open it often hangs for close to a minute.

I can't say that I have issues with ids freezing with pts open, but I got the same window taking forever to close issue on my 7 machine that you got on your 8 machine. I was thinking about contacting Ford about it, but I think it would be a waste of my time.

Same with my W7 machine, with any other site it will close right away, with INFORD it takes up to 10 seconds sometimes. It is definetly the PTS site, If I go direct to the PROTECH message board it will close normal, if I go to PTS it will delay the close. It has nothging to do with IDS though, one of shop computers that does not have IDS does the same thing.

It takes a long time to close on all of my machines also. Thinking it must have a background script running because typically IE crashes after it closes.

• 3 months later...

So I dropped my HP W7 machine yesterday :cry: , decided to upgrade instead of fixing it. Got myself an ASUS unit with Windows 8. I have the option to upgrade to 8.1 for free. It's all set-up and running nicely on W8 and IE10. Has anyone done the upgrade to 8.1? Is it worth it?