P20E8 that won't go away

Rate this topic

I have one here, that after replacing the reductant pump for a heater code P20E8 set almost right away. Ordered another pump. Since this pump was on a back order, the customer took his truck. Came back yesterday. Service replaced the pump, followed PPT 'RK' to the tee. Prior to service replacing the pump, the dosing test would not inject. After service replacing the pump, I managed to complete the test. Road tested and the code didn't return...... until the customer picked it up. Came back yesterday, so I did and SCR parameter reset and cleared it. The customer called shortly after to inform me the Check Engine light came back on. This vehicle has a maintenance plan so it only gets its DEF topped up during every service. Anyone else run into something similar?

Yes I had something like this on a early build 11MY however it was very intermittent to the point of thinking the pumps where fixing it. Ended up finding a loose pin at the GPCM connecor if I remember correctly

I had one doing the same thing. The light wouldn't come on right away and when running the dosing test it wouldn't build pressure with the new pump. The hotline told me to replace the sender and that fixed it.

• 2 weeks later...