6.0l head gasket

Rate this topic

Brad Clayton

Our parts shows a part number for 1 gasket, 10 bolts, 1 standpipe and 4 stepped dowels for 200 bucks. I don't need all that crap because the truck will be studded, I just need a head gasket.

You can't buy just the gasket by itself in the kit from Ford. There are some places that sell packages with the ARP head studs in conjunction with OEM Ford head gaskets without all the extra junk Ford puts in their kits. I just don't know the vendors off the top of my head.

Cool, thanks a bunch Mike. The shop is trying to lure a customer away from a local Indy shop that kills us on diesel work. So we are trying to get our quote as low as possible and still keep the doors open.

Try International.  Other than that you're stuck installing mahle/victor reinz head gaskets.  I haven't looked much into it but there are guys who insist that the VR gaskets are made in the same factory as Ford/International OEM.  The difference being the sealant color, I believe there's a few vids on youtube showing the comparison if you care to check them out. 

Measure the victor gasket and the ford gasket. Thicknesses are different.

You should be able to get just the gasket using a VT365 engine number.

If someone can find me individual IH headgasket part numbers I will be forever grateful.

I should be able to measure the VR vs OEM gasket thicknesses tomorrow.  I think I still have one of each laying around. 

• 3 weeks later...

International does not offer the gaskets separately.  The vendors offering the package deals; we just yank the extras out of the ford box and drop the price on the studs to make it a competitive price point.   I sell 20 sets of the victor gaskets a week and install them too.  Never an issue with these. .  

• 2 weeks later...

I put a set of victors in a side job I did at home. Time will tell I guess, but they looked exactly like oem except for the black sealant vs blue.