Abbreviation Glossary?

Rate this topic

Aaron

Is there a document somewhere that defines all the abbreviations used in the EVTM?

BOO, CTO, etc.?

A friend and I are working on a project together and he would like to know what the abbreviations are in our wiring diagrams we're using, and he doesn't want to keep asking me every time we come across a different one.

I checked in the EVTM and WSM but didn't see anything,

Any help would be appreciated.

I spent a lot of time on the DTS Terminology page which I thought most of you all were aware of. I would be more than willing to continuing expansion of the terminology I already have. This terminology page includes terms, abbreviations and acronyms.

on EVTM page.....

right side of screen.Go to component location charts......

click on components.........

words and abbreviations are in alphabet order...........

hope that helps.

Link, Keith? Since the forum change over I have mainly used the mobile app to view and post - I can't seem toi find the link

Scroll to the top of this page and look at the main site menu. Inside DTS is a drop down menu... fifth word down is "Terminology." There is your link. :nerd:

It is not very mobile friendly at the moment.

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/terminology.html

PCED.  My first driveability teacher called it an "H" manual and the term has stuck with me ever since, Wasn't/isn't that a common name for it?

Posted Image

Over this weekend I have significantly added to the terms and acronyms especially. I haven't updated this page in quite a while and there are many new one's. In reviewing this page I realize that I have compiled a considerable amount of content, content that comes from several sources making our terminology resource one of the most comprehensive available to us. I will keep looking... I know there is more!

:coffee:

Make sure you add "H Manual" for the under 30 crowd.

Bunch of antiques on here! :haha2:

At any rate, lol, I will be 30 in December. But I have less hair than Don Rickles.