"Network"icon on IDS

Rate this topic

The Network icon on IDS (right side of the screen), on all of our IDSs only display PCM and h/s can. It used to display all modules and all networks and dtcs in each module. Anybody else see this? Hotline isn't any help.

It's a detailed network map.  You'll learn about it when you take the latest advanced electronics course.

Yeah, I've all ready taken it. It no longer will display the network map, only pcm.

I just noticed my IDS is doing the same thing I wonder if it has to do with version 90.04.

Does anyone know how to roll back to another version?

I am pretty sure I had version 90.02 installed when I worked on a '03 Expedition, whatever version I had installed  I know I could view all modules and pull the part # for the cluster.

I have a '11 6.7 that I am working on and if I log into PTS and go to the PC/ED it will show all modules but not from the IDS only screen. You can also see the map and part # by logging into PTS then go to Toolbox/Toolbox Home tab.

So it looks like you my now have to be logged into PTS in order to see a global view of the network map?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a heads up. The network monitor will flag the NOX modules and the GPCM as not communicating. We have tried the test on 3 trucks and all are the same, running the test KOER makes no difference. We stumbled upon this trying to find an intermittent IP issue.

• 2 months later...

So I was informed of a little trick for us Canucks concerning IDS. I set my country to USA and now have the OASIS link and the Network tab. The OASIS link is very useful, but the network tab pops up a window saying I need to go to PTS website and use the toolbox to use it. Is that the same for others? 

Just a heads up. The network monitor will flag the NOX modules and the GPCM as not communicating. We have tried the test on 3 trucks and all are the same, running the test KOER makes no difference. We stumbled upon this trying to find an intermittent IP issue.

I ran into this before also on a truck with a network wire getting shorted to ground. Its because the gpcm and the nox modules are on a dedicated can wires to pcm not on the hs can or ms can.

• Like 1