01 7.3 running on FILTERED used ATF and the politics of "freezer" tax

Rate this topic

And what the frick has blue freeze pops got to do with pumping gas and the various techniques associate with?

I must admit I agree with you though, dem tings are some kinda good!

Clear freezies much like clear fuel have the tax factored into the pricing.

I concur. The white ones are quite satisfying.

I think we can all agree however: fuck orange.

They want the tax for those red ones. They heard I've been eating them during regular freezer hours, not the tax exempt hours.

I'm in deep shit.

Ah! My friend. This is where the plot thickens as they say.

I have one "ready to eat" blue.

I have another case of freezies, although not in the freezer - which given my current situation is a good thing; since that makes them freezer tax exempt for the time being.

A semi related story (to the original thread that is, not the derail...) A local contractor here had his books audited by the taxman. He has 4 or 5 pieces of equipment, and 4 or 5 diesel trucks for his crew to bomb around in. The tax man noticed that he had never bought any clear fuel, long story short, he had to pay the road taxes on all the fuel he used over the past 5 years, as they had no way to determine how much went where. To the tune of $45,000.

A semi related story (to the original thread that is, not the derail...) A local contractor here had his books audited by the taxman. He has 4 or 5 pieces of equipment, and 4 or 5 diesel trucks for his crew to bomb around in. The tax man noticed that he had never bought any clear fuel, long story short, he had to pay the road taxes on all the fuel he used over the past 5 years, as they had no way to determine how much went where. To the tune of $45,000.

Ouch. That reminds me of all the light duty trucks that are DOT compliant, they have to pay fuel tax for every state they travel through even if they don't stop for fuel.

I'm afraid the Lean Cuisine will not offset the gallon and a half of frozen sugar water in the box on the upper shelf.....

AND, to make this relevant to the original topic: if a person were to burn old ATF and waste oil in their 7.3 they'd save enough to buy lots of Pop Ice.