2009 chevy g3500 6.6 duramx egr valve

Rate this topic

kridd12

I know its not a Ford diesel and not very happy about having to do it, but any one have any tips on an egr valve on this thing?  Its an ambulance as well so it makes it even more awesome.  I know it needs the egr valve but just looking at this engineering marvel of shoving stuff into a small hole and the amount of crap bolted to the dog house not to sure as to how to start the attack on it and if i even need to remove the dog house for any real reason.

I would remove the doghouse and the rh up pipe and pull the cooler and valve out the back.  I have a 12 duramax g van ambulance outside with a fuel leak in the valley.  They are a real bitch to work on.

turns out the turbo is leaking into system and intake is full of oil as well.  get to change the turbo and clean the intakes out. JOY.  I should fly Grampy jim out here to do it.  I'll even supply him with all the whisky he can drink until the job is done.