14v01 cummins engine in a ford?

Rate this topic

garyb

Just noticed fsa 14v01 on pts for a f650/f750 fuel filter coming apart causing a stall issue,  was surprised to see cummins in a ford, and no body has mentioned it in ford world

Geez guys - you could get it with a CAT C7, Cummins ISB, Navistar VT635 and a Ford 6.8L Gas if you didn't like any of them!

And for 2016, apparently the Cummins ISB will be ditched in favour of the 6.7L currently used in the F-250 to F-550 or the 6.8L gas V10. Don't know if you'll be able to get either with a manual transmission though.

Well Matt, since the only engines that will be available in the new all Ford medium duty trucks will be the ford 6.7L diesel snd the Ford 6.8L gas engines and Torqshift transmissions I would wager a guess they will have Ford electronics.

• 2 weeks later...

I meant to imply IDS. :P  I am making an educated assumption.

I cant wait! I like the cuimmins engine and all but when it comes time to get it worked on holy shit is it a pain in the ass. Very limited ford dealers will touch them(typically only 1 or 2 in a large metropolitan city) Then if you cant find a dealer that will work on them you have to go to a cummins dealer because well they have the software for them. They end up being expensive, loooong wait times and typically dont care much that they have to work on a baby cummins motor. Oh wait then we get to go to a allison transmission center because none of the above will work on those either!!!

I am looking forward to the day its finally all ford power under the hood of a 750. Servicing should be much better on the consumer end and help with down times.

Great Value

• By controlling every aspect of development in-house, from design to manufacturing to service, Ford will be able to offer F-650/F-750 customers exceptional value, convenience and cost of ownership.

• The extensive Ford service network will be ready to tackle any service need with minimal travel time and extended service hours, to help keep work trucks on the road and in the field longer.

• The interior of the F-650/F-750 leverages the design and Ford engineered level of fit, finish and refinement that is in the Ford F-Series Super Duty F-250 through F-550 trucks.

Built Ford Tough

• The 2016 Ford F-650/F-750 will be Ford’s toughest medium-duty truck yet, as it will have been torture-tested by people and machines in labs, at Ford proving grounds and on America’s highways and city roads.

• 6.7L Power Stroke V8 Diesel engine, with over 500,000 produced is FORD-BUILT and PROVEN.

• The commercial-grade six-speed 6R140 transmission with available power takeoff provision is FORD-BUILT and PROVEN.

• This powertrain combination is backed by an unsurpassed 5-year/250,000 mile limited warranty.

Great Value

: Ford 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 diesel engine and Ford TorqShift six speed automatic transmission enhanced for medium-duty use with great power, performance and fuel economy, backed by unsurpassed warranty and national network of more than 3,000 Ford service centers

For service needs, a network of more than 3,000 Ford Commercial Truck and retail service dealers are ready to tackle any service need with minimized travel time and extended service hours, to keep work trucks on the road and in the field longer.

and again in there just incase it was missed