6.7 p2459 frequent regen

Rate this topic

Truck is a 12 with 95010 miles on it. Mil first came on at 86055 reprogramed pcm per tsb for the code. Returned with p2459 ppt leads to particulate filter reset performed manual regen. Code returned like 1k miles later ppt leads to replace dpf sent ? to hotline they said to replace ppt is correct. I replaced dpf reset strategies all ok. Truck now in again 95010 on it and mil came back on p2459 again ppt leads to particulate filter talked to hotline was advised my dpf pressure was high they suggest replacing swapped in a good dpf pressure sensor and made recording again and same results. I swapped maf and readings of concern truck and good are the same.

They picked this truck up. I am convinced this thing is not finishing the regens for some reason. I was talking to the guy from the company that has the truck and told him i need more time on it and I can fix it. He said they are getting rid of it before it hits 100k so I may never find it. If the mil comes on again I may get to look at it again. The trucks are leased from enterprise. So they have a constant turn over of them. Any that have concerns and cause down time go back earlier.

I have a similar one that has frequent regen codes it is a local rural electric association shorts trips and idles while they work in the bucket. I just did a manuel regen the other day will see how it goes.