2011 f250, no crank no start with exhaust delete

Rate this topic

have a 2011 6.7 with exhaust delete. shut down while driving and is a no crank, no start with exhaust gas temp codes.  if I let it sit it will start and run for about 10 sec then shut down and say stop vehicle safely. no exhaust sensors, connectors just taped to keep debris out.  any ideas on how to diag, fix this? thanks Rob

You're kind of "in the wrong place" for this problem.  This board focuses on diagnosing and repairing stock vehicles and a lot of the guys here frown on the modifications you are referring to.  You might have better luck on the public forums with this one.

Good Luck!

:grin:

yea tuner is hooked up, still no crank. don't know how to diag a tuner, how do I jumper the sensors to get it in the shop? thanks

I keep a home made jumper in my toolbox to move stubborn towed in trucks that just will not run. The best and easiest way to make one is to lop the connector off a junk sensor and wire a 100 or 200 ohm resistor in the end of the connector. Then all you have to do is determine which one is reading out of whack and plug your jumper in place. The higher the resistor the hotter the pid will read for that sensor. In your case you made need to stop by Radio Shack and get a boat load of resistors. :)
  • Like 1

My parts dept do stock these sensors unfortunately, once it is in my hand then it is non returnable.

I do not blame them, I blame the azzhole techs abusing parts. We got too many parts installers and not enough diagnosis technicians.

I usually do a quick scan in the lot or on the street to determine if I can avoid pushing these things into the shop. We only have 3 guys in the shop total, it can be tough pushing loaded f-350s around. We don't have a sensor in stock as they are on national backorder. A dealer a few hours away had 24 in stock though, so we were able to rob one. Bad enough pushing stuff in, pushing stuff out because we don't have parts is very annoying.

have a 2011 6.7 with exhaust delete. shut down while driving and is a no crank, no start with exhaust gas temp codes.  if I let it sit it will start and run for about 10 sec then shut down and say stop vehicle safely. no exhaust sensors, connectors just taped to keep debris out.  any ideas on how to diag, fix this? thanks Rob

After visiting this topic several times now, it just dawned on me that this truck must have a DPF SCR delete? With a tuner to allow this? If so, how is it that the truck can run with these modifications yet some fault with said parts shut it down?Second, it is a modified truck, why the hell would waste your time trying to fix it knowing full well that is has been bastardized? I can see this is you are the one who performed the bastardization...

yea tuner is hooked up, still no crank. don't know how to diag a tuner, how do I jumper the sensors to get it in the shop? thanks

Just because the tuner is hooked up to the DLC does not mean the tune is installed. There is the possibility that the customer inadvertently set the tune for stock exhaust or someone reprogrammed it and wiped out the tune. Try to use the tuner to return the vehicle to stock. If it does return to stock, go back in and tune it, making sure you are given the "Is the exhaust deleted?" option. If you are not asked this, try a custom tune if asked, it may be in there. If the tuner will not return the truck to stock you can either contact the tuner manufacturer and see if they can help, or tell the customer to buy a new tuner.