2006 Chevy C4500 code P0088

Rate this topic

FordFanaticTony

Hey fellas Ford Diesel Tech with first duramax. I have a code P0088 and was able to look at pids and found at idle my actual fuel pressure to be at 12,000 pis when desired wants it to be at 5,300. Someone here replaced the regulator and harness last week but still has a code P0088. just wondering if the frp sensor could be bad. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help guys.

What is fuel pressure koeo? Look at the main harness where it crosses the top of the engine. It gets mashed when braking and damages the harness badly. How does it sound, if the fuel pressure is actually high, you should have a little clatter and light smoke on a dmax. The regulator on the high pressure pump was replaced, and the short jumper harness? Frp should be around 38 percent or so at idle. Have seen some terminal issues at the big bale connectors cause skewed readings also.

Kill it with fire! :flamethrower:

I really dislike working on these. We have far too many in our fleet and I cant wait until they all die or get auctioned! dmax in a pickup not too bad, dmax in a kodiak :banghead:

With that said most of my issues tend to be wiring related, injectors and fuel pumps are pretty common too.

Could be. 1st, grab the scan tool and then you have to listen to the engine. Monitor desired and actual as well as Frp percent. Use the scan tool to command fuel pressure to 160 mpa and see if the relief valve opens. If it does, the pressure will drop drastically, and the engine should quiet down. This can prove a skewed sensor. You have to determine if the pressure is actually high or not first. Resistance in the circuit will skew the readings high if I remember correctly. The 1 regulator on the back of the high pressure pump controls pressure. On an 06, they had very few failures, especially for p0088. I have seen them stick, and have actually used the gm cleaning procedure with success where you run 16 ounces of top engine cleaner and 1 gallon of fuel and run off of this mixture. Takes nearly 2 hours. If the regulator sticks you will have p0088 at idle and p0087 under load. This can be intermittent. Also load test all 3 circuits from the ECM to the sensor. Tons and tons of wiring problems.

• 3 weeks later...