aftermarket parts

Rate this topic

kbomb2788

Hello. I believe in using oem parts but like many people say when I put prices together for customers it's getting ridiculous (850 radiators on 6.4 and 6.7, pig tail connectors) last thing I was working on 99 7.3 and ebp solenoid broke, the only way to get it is to get a pedestal, from Ford it's remanufactured and retail !!!750!!! Bucks, from diesel o rings, you can get Garrett new for 250...this is getting ridiculous. I know I can't do much in a dealership about it, but I would like to know good aftermarket that i can use on my side customers (recently I also quoted front wheel hubs for 2000 4wd and they were 300 from Ford and 100 aftermarket, I can't compete with that and not getting customers cause Joe shmoe can do it for less.... Bottom line if you know a good place to get quality parts can you let me know please. And good luck out there

Also the problem I have with then locally is they don't respond (the reseller) so if I but it would be odd internet (that was for allient power since you have to buy it through their resellers)

I've had good luck with their injectors, sometimes when you take an OEM IH injector out of the box it says Alliant on it. 6.0 injectors are about $50-70 cheaper from Alliant, too, last I checked they were in the $150-170 range, FMC was $225ish lately net.

Where's Larry Brudzinski been from Superior Diesel in Detroit?  He's a member here, he'll hook you up and ship fast.

Superior Turbo and Injection

3745 Central AvenueDetroit, Michigan 48210United States

800-525-0164

Does Alliant change the spool valves and use the revosed solenoids with the closed end relief slot? (for 6.0 injectors)

I'm scared to use anything but Motorcraft 6.0 injector since no one will own up to what they replace and update in their 6.0 remans.

• 2 weeks later...

Does Alliant change the spool valves and use the revised solenoids with the closed end relief slot? (for 6.0 injectors)

They "told me" the top half is all new.  I have not verified this.......

:grin:

No they do not change the spool valve.  The only injector reman companies that change the spool valves are the oem Ford/IH.  They held the tooling captive.  Alliant was not the oe supplier for the 6.0 injector.  Also if you read the warranty on the alliant injector - they give you one free cleaning of the spool valve per warranty period.  I stopped selling their injectors due to high warranty claims, however, supposedly they have revamped their reman procedure which has dropped their warranty claims.  Alliant is getting a lot of their product from China and reboxing.  I buy some product from the company that sells to them...

That's good to know. What about pig tails. I know delphi makes them but when I contacted them for catalog they told me since it's oem they can't give me that, where can I get the pig tails from cause 100 from Ford is stupid