IDS 94

Rate this topic

I don't know what  anybody else's experiences have been but IDS 94 has been nothing but problematic. 94.01 was not too bad but the shops IDS machines started having issues. For me, it is with the subsequent updates, 04.02 and more so 94.03.  Testman errors and lock ups. I updated to 94.03 hoping there was a fix or change... nope. A s a matter of fact, I cant even use 94.03 as IDS does not even full load before a Testman error pops up and it freezes. I have even performed a full uninstall and installed clean with a fresh download.

For now, I am back to 94.01 until the next release.

I was in VCT class today I noticed the instructor was running 94.02 on a SHO with no issues.

I also tend to wait on updates as Brad does. Now that I think about it I tend to wait on most new stuff...let someone pay the learning tax :)

• Like 1

I was mostly blown away that my IDS was totally useless and would not completely start. Even after a clean install. I think this time I will hold off as long as I can. They screwed something up that may not affect everyone, but I have had enough for now.

Mine are working fine on 94.03, brand new toughbooks with a fresh IDS install 2 weeks ago. Although the second one I loaded took two tries as the first attempt was corrupt and wouldn't even startup.

BTW, when it says, "Record these numbers", what do you do with them? Tech Support uses them as DTC's?  Can we use them for anything or get a DTC description?

:grin:

I just closed and restarted and it was fine.

BTW, when it says, "Record these numbers", what do you do with them? Tech Support uses them as DTC's?  Can we use them for anything or get a DTC description?

I believe you are supposed to call the TIS assistance number or use the TIS assistance contact form on FMC Dealer. Closing and restarting usually does not stop the errors for me. I end up having to shut down everything and reboot the PC and then restart. It pisses me off because this happens only with some IDS versions and to varying degrees. This time its really problematic for me and in a way I have never seen before.