2015 transits water in the air filters (code p061b)

Rate this topic

the_twig_187

not sure how many of you guys have transits running through your shops but I have personally worked on 5 new transits that all have a check engine light on with code p061b (mas and tb correlation) I have found the air filter SOAKED in water with standing water in the filter box. I contacted ford and they said they are aware of the problem and that engineering is working on a fix and to just change the air filter and blow out the water at this time.

Just thought I would save someone a hassle if they come across a check engine light with a P061b on a new ford transit.= check the air filter

• Like 1

they are all gas...the air inlet is in the top vent of the front grill and it "slides" downwards towards the passenger side firewall where the air filter box sits. this is how I think all the water is getting in. I think they are going to re-shape the air dam and make a recall or tsb because it seems like a lot of vans are having this issue. I personally have not seen as diesel yet but I was told at ford school this week (in mississigua Ontario) that they will not be doing a diesel course for the transits due to the likeness of the 6.7 engines.

Yes, gas or diesel? Don't the Ecoboost engines have those funky air inlets in the hood or something?And thanx for the heads up! :thumbup:

The hood intake is for the HVAC.

• 7 months later...