Crossover tube gasket failure.

Rate this topic

Poor coolant was my first thought too but the coolant looks good. Checked history and there is nothing relating to cooling system failures that would have caused contamination. 

I saw one on a truck that I put t-stats in. Ordered parts, truck left, never came back so parts bills them to the shop :haha2:Now I have a set of gaskets in my own personal inventory waiting for the next one to come in. Same as you, no cooling system concerns either.  Higher mileage if I remember correctly

Edit - you know this reminds me of the GM Dexcool intake gasket problem.  I had a 3.8L Grand Prix, same looking plastic gasket, same kind of coolant.  Isn't ford orange OAT coolant Dexcool compatible?  Dex is a known plasticizer

It's hard for me to tell much just by looking at the picture. I will say that Dexcool does not like air/oxygen, so coolant leaks or anything that lets excess oxygen in the cooling system makes plastic gasket frame deterioration worse.

My 6.7 cooling system recommendation to my customers at this time is probably going to be to flush at around 100k/4 yr.