IQA Stickers

Rate this topic

I am finding more and more that the IQA stickers that come with the 6.7L injectors are smudged before even opening the bag. They place the injector and the sticker in the same bubble wrap bag. While not wet, there seems to be some assembly lube or calibration oil on the injectors. My thought is that to begin with the IQA number is printed with ink that is not permanent. This affects only the serial number and the IQA number printed after the sticker was made. Makes the whole process pointless. Don't wipe the stickers either... you will wipe the numbers right off!

I always have recorded the IQA numbers directly from the injector and written them on the repair order. At least I have an accurate record that way.

Just finished a DEF contamination repair. Here are the IQA stickers. Had to get the numbers off the injectors for some of them. I have contacted hotline on this, they respond with "We know there is an issue, use something else to record the numbers on the engine." If they are bad enough we bust out the label maker.

20150505_090324.jpg

The sticker that comes with a valve body for the torque shift 6 is the same way.  I used my thumb to stick it on and all of the ink

wiped right off.  that's handy.