Adding Keyless Entry

Rate this topic

Hey guys, Last summer my parents purchased a used 05 250 here at work. When they bought it, it only had one key with no remotes so I had a key cut and attempted to program a remote. After I couldn't get the remote to work, I checked OASIS and found this truck did not come with keyless entry. They were ok with it and haven't said anything else about it. Well now my curiosity is up and I've searched PTS trying to find if you can add keyless entry to this truck and what it would take, but haven't found anything. I have searched the forums here and also didn't find anything. Is it as simple as turning the feature on like the trailer brake controller and adding the remotes? What's weird to me is the truck has power windows and door locks, but not keyless entry. Looking at the wiring diagrams shows a VSM for the door locks for a truck with keyless entry, but no VSM for one without.  Vin # is 1FTSW21P15EA61656. I would be thankful for any help on this one.

Is this truck an XLT by chance? If so there's a chance it already has all the wiring for the missing VSM.

Besides that I'm not sure what it would take to program it but I know it is needed for RKE

Pretty sure it is a XLT, I'll have to find out for sure. What got me thinking about all this is they just purchased a camper and I've been tracking down wiring harnesses to tie an aftermarket brake controller into the truck. I found one on Amazon that should plug right in so we shall see.

I think you have to add the vehicle security system and remote start system from accessaries to get key fobs on a truck without factory keyless entry. Instructions only go back to 07 but should be the same as 05

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/ford_content/catalog/accessory_files/2007MY%20GEN-2%20I-Sheets%20(trucks%208-17-07).pdf

Chad's truck is a XLT according to the Vin. If the wires are there for a VSM you may have to change some of the As built data to get the VSM to accept the programing for RKE. Did you try the key cycle steps in WSM  (501-14) just for kicks to make sure it did not have RKE.

HA!!!!

This is VERY interesting that someone has finally posted a thread about this. I just so happen to own a 2007 F-250 4x4 CCSB XLT truck myself, optioned out very similarly. When I bought my truck, it came with the added on two button style remotes, so I have no panic button. Just LOCK and UNLOCK (locking it arms the alarm). My truck is equipped with Park Aid and Adjustable pedals, ESOF, TBC (which I have NEVER used), upfitter switches (which I have also never used) as well as fog lights. What it doesn't have is AUTOLAMP (which the Crown Vic I previously owned did). So it came equipped with all of the above mentioned, as well as power door locks, windows and power mirrors, but no RKE? Go figure.

Here is what I KNOW so far. All 2005 to 2007 trucks equipped with the RKE you desire, also has AUTOLAMP (whether it has fog lights or not) as well as the five digit entry keypad on the driver's door because all are controlled by the vehicle security module. The module by itself, reasonably enough priced that I would be willing to pay the price for a new one assuming there isn't too much needed to be added, in order to have the added functionality of the AUTOLAMP. Being able to install a factory five digit keypad on the driver's door and adding two factory OEM remotes would only be a bonus for me. I have looked into this myself for the last couple of years already, by looking on Ebay for other identically model yeared trucks with exactly the same options, but equipped with AUTOLAMP and RKE, pulled the VINs and checked HvBOM for the instrument panel harness part numbers. On my truck (VIN# 1FTSW21P87EB45671), it indicates part number 6C3Z-14401-JA, the same as it does on another truck's VIN that I stole off Ebay, but with the desired AUTOLAMP/RKE. Here's the kicker. I pulled the block-off plug beside the defroster vent register to where a sunload sensor would normally be, and sure enough, the wiring connector is there. BUT ....... when I removed the sliding cupholder, audio unit and storage compartment from the instrument panel, I was unable to locate the three wiring harness connectors to the VSM!!!

Having said that, if anyone can either post pictures or KNOW for sure if those three connectors are there, I would be very open to adding those options. This would mean, I would need a new headlight switch, sunload sensor and VSM to add to my shopping list. BTW, the VSM part number I believe is 4C7Z-15604-AC for those interested.