15S14 Labour Allowance 15S14C Kicked Back

Rate this topic

mchan68

Okay, I and another tech in the shop got our claim kicked back due to someone in the warranty department at FoMoCo is claiming that the vehicles we're working on is "not equipped with a Ti-VCT engine". Okay, the claims in question both pertain to 2013 MKZ AWDs, both of which are equipped with the 3.7L V6 engines (the exclusive engine choice for MKZ AWD models). Both of us closed out our ROs using labour op 15S14C for 1.7 and rightfully so. Some fucktard is claiming that both these vehicles are not equipped with Ti-VCT engines because the OASIS report doesn't show that acronym on the end of the engine spec, only 3.7L V6. Really??? Who the fuck do they have working there, making these decisions? My warranty administrator is in the process of appealing these decisions obviously, but I am definitely toying with the idea of stirring the pot on the message board to rip someone a new one, pending the outcome of the appeal. What say you fine gentlemen to this joke?

Stir the pot man! 

Of all the proper channels to try and get your message out, the message board is the one that gets where it needs to be fast.

(and yes I say that with experience.)

• 6 months later...

This is from the shop manual:        Overview

The 3.7L (4V) is a V-6 engine with the following features:

• Dual overhead camshafts
  • Four valves per cylinder
  • Sequential Multi-Port Fuel Injection (SFI)
  • Composite upper and lower intake manifold
  • Aluminum cylinder head
  • An aluminum, 60-degree V-cylinder block
  • Timing chain driven coolant pump
  • Twin independent variable cam timing (Ti-VCT)
  • An electronic ignition system with 6 ignition coils                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Apparently, you are dealing with a real dumbass. I wonder sometimes if they hire former insurance company representatives who are told to deny, deny, deny to save the company money.