2010 G Van Trans Programming

Rate this topic

Can you do this with the Tech 2 or do you have to use the MDI? We don't have MDI. I believe the programming is available for 55 bucks for 2 days. Replaced trans today. Hate to have to tow it to dealership. 

OK. Now i know HOW to do a flash j,ust have to get access to Internet in my work area. As i understand procedure, you retrieve info from vehicle with Tech 2, connect Tech 2 to internet/GM web site, download file, connect to vehicle and load flash. 

that would be the old way of remote programming. there is the current version of pass through where the tech2 is used as a pass through device. internet download straight through tech2 into the tcm.

that would be the old way of remote programming. there is the current version of pass through where the tech2 is used as a pass through device. internet download straight through tech2 into the tcm.

But you still need to connect to the internet via a cable, correct?

You have to have a serial to rs232 adapter, or a much less robust USB to rs232 adapter if you don't have a serial port. Then you need access to tis 2 web. You have to make sure the port is correct in the settings for comm to the tech 2. After you are on the tis 2 web page, you select the vehicle, and it is pretty easy to follow after that. You will want to select legacy pass through if you are using the tech 2 and. Candi module. If you request data from the vehicle remotely and then go to the pc and hook up, you would select tech 2 remote. I recommend not using this function as it slows the baud rate way down and takes a very long time. That Tcm calibration is one of the longer reflashes so put a jump pack on it, or a very clean power supply, not a standard battery charger. https://acdelcoconnect.com/Content/pdfs/ACDelco_GMSi_TIS2Web_Frequently_Asked_Questions.pdf

That trans will shift like shit the first couple of runs to 70 but will quickly learn. Also parts for that trans are extremely cheap. Under warranty, I don't think I can replace one cheaper than repairing even with a torque converter and Tcm. They are a little trickle to get some of the drums apart and back together even with the special tools, and they have a few other quirks like using plasti gauge to select the pump rotor and slide. We have some mines that just destroy the 6l90s over and over by getting them stuck, shock load, or sinking them and filling them with water.

You have to have a serial to rs232 adapter, or a much less robust USB to rs232 adapter if you don't have a serial port. Then you need access to tis 2 web. You have to make sure the port is correct in the settings for comm to the tech 2. After you are on the tis 2 web page, you select the vehicle, and it is pretty easy to follow after that. You will want to select legacy pass through if you are using the tech 2 and. Candi module. If you request data from the vehicle remotely and then go to the pc and hook up, you would select tech 2 remote. I recommend not using this function as it slows the baud rate way down and takes a very long time. That Tcm calibration is one of the longer reflashes so put a jump pack on it, or a very clean power supply, not a standard battery charger. https://acdelcoconnect.com/Content/pdfs/ACDelco_GMSi_TIS2Web_Frequently_Asked_Questions.pdfThat trans will shift like shit the first couple of runs to 70 but will quickly learn. Also parts for that trans are extremely cheap. Under warranty, I don't think I can replace one cheaper than repairing even with a torque converter and Tcm. They are a little trickle to get some of the drums apart and back together even with the special tools, and they have a few other quirks like using plasti gauge to select the pump rotor and slide. We have some mines that just destroy the 6l90s over and over by getting them stuck, shock load, or sinking them and filling them with water.

It has a bunch of cables/connectors in the lid of the box. I assume what is needed was included with the Tech 2? They have been just sending them to the dealer for the flash. I would rather do it in house but it's up to the boss/owner. Not a huge difference in cost.