Daily Observations - Part II

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

22 hours ago, Keith Browning said:

I could not figure out what was wrong... appaently this was supposed to have a door latch on it. Was the box previously opened?

The part # was probably hard to see, guess I should not have resized the pic or resized it differently.

The box did appear to be opened @ some point. I could see scuff marks on the cable housing of the handle base end. When I seen the missing base I couldn't quit thinking I haven't done one of these old style F-Series door latch assy. (F4TZ-15219A65-A) in years but I sure did not ever remember having to reuse any of the old parts. Which IIRC is part of the reason Ford started selling the whole kit because they can fail in multiple area's. The box does have FoMoCo's newest label on it so it was done recently :whattodo:

I always find it interesting how many broken door handles people will replace, then some even go out and buy the Dorman metal one's till they rip out the door skin. They are always surprised how easy the door opens after the new latch assy. is installed. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The mind is a powerful thing. Especially when you are expecting something to mess up.  After sitting for a week after the engine replacement, the customer picked up his 2017 F250, drove it home last night and came back this morning complaining his brakes were spongy. I drove it, felt normal to me. brought it in the shop. Checked the vacuum booster, all good. For the hell of it I bled the master cylinder, no air, bled at the wheels, no air. Gave it back to the customer, he drove it home, called us and thanked us fixing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Still not as bad as IH.  They can have up to five different names for the same system, I've seen them use two different acronyms on the same page referring to a system. Bitch all you want, as far as service info and scan tooling goes, FMC has some of the best.

:grin:

PS Ford's scan software is way better than IH's on HEUI engines!  They still can't get relative compression or cyl balance right, even after all of these years. Poor bidirectional too, and glitches out the wazoo........

Remember the good old days when:

...the vehicle you were road testing left you stranded and you had to foot it back to the shop to get help? Sucks when you left your jacket back at the shop in the winter!

1 hour ago, lmorris said:

Remember the good old days when:

...the vehicle you were road testing left you stranded and you had to foot it back to the shop to get help? Sucks when you left your jacket back at the shop in the winter!

Nope. Don’t remember that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The pced and coffee table book both say that the ebp sensor on a 7.3 is only used for operatig the back pressure valve.

I call bs. I replaced my rotted apart ebp tube on my 2000 tonight. There is a huge difference in how the truck shifts and the engine seems peppier. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2018 at 10:33 AM, forddieseldoctor said:

I have come to the conclusion that the word "Transit" must mean "biggest piece of shit ever" in some other language. I just haven't found it yet.

With what I'm currently going through with one now, the last couple of days, I'll second that statement only I'll just make it a lot simpler by saying it in English, it IS the biggest piece of shit ever.

On 7/13/2018 at 10:04 PM, forddieseldoctor said:

As of 5pm today I am the only tech in my dealership with any Ford certs. 

That ought to make you more valuable shouldn’t it???

71913005.BMP

Today was "Bad EGT Day".  1st one on a Cummins ISL and second one on this 2017.  Add an easy fix on a Suburban with LIN Bus Codes and I was ready to buy a lottery ticket.  :-)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chase said:

That ought to make you more valuable shouldn’t it???

Yeah right. It just means that I get to do everything that requires certifications or the ids. (Since I havd the only functoning one in the building) And it’s gonna be a long time before I get any good paying stuff like brakes and suspension work. 

On 7/9/2018 at 5:42 PM, mchan68 said:

With what I'm currently going through with one now, the last couple of days, I'll second that statement only I'll just make it a lot simpler by saying it in English, it IS the biggest piece of shit ever.

Okay, now I've reached the point where I wish Ford would buy every single one of these on the road and destroy them. Anybody else share the same sentiment?

3 hours ago, Keith Browning said:

May EVERYONE in your town buy one. :evil:

NOPE. Put them all into Sprinters so I never have to see any of them again!!!