Opinions of a 2014 edge

Rate this topic

dieseldoc

My wife has decided she wants n edge. She found a 2014 limited with the v6 n awd, it has 30,000 miles on it. Things I should look for or stay away from, or should a guy avoid this model all together?? Thanks for the input guys

The one thing I found odd about Ford's SUV line up is, although the Escape is the smallest of the 3, it actually feels more roomy and has more front and back seat leg room, when compared to the Edge and the Explorer. The Edge does have more power and handles better than the Escape though, but at a price increase of course. We went with the Escape, mainly for the price difference.  

Look for the odd PTU failure, power steering pressure line leak at the steering rack as well as brake booster failure. Those are the things to look out for on that particular model.

Well thanks for the input guys. She leased a new 2015 edge SEL with the ecoboost on Saturday. Pretty nice vehicle better power than her 08 escape with a v6, was surprised. She is super happy with it so far. As long as she doesn't go over on the mileage we will be in good shape.

Congrats on the new car.

Going over on miles on your lease is not the worst thing you can do provided you don't get stupid and go wayyyy over. I leased my 16 Fusion and considered this conundrum as I average about 8000 miles a year which is almost all commuting to and from work. My lease gives me 10,500 per year so I have 2500 of miles I could drive before incurring extra cost. But, this is not my old Explorer we are talking about. I REALLY enjoy driving this Fusion and well, it is new so I am likely to drive it more than just commuting. Someone pointed out that if you pay up front you do not get your money back if you don't use the miles. Money gone. So, if you are going to go over it is better to just have to pay up for the miles you did drive, and no more. For me it's $0.02/mile over or a mere $20/1000 miles. A couple of extra thousand miles is not going to break my wallet at turn-in time.