Power Windows Don't Work After BCM Replace

Rate this topic

mchan68

Just thought I'd share this so no one else gets burned like I did. I have a 2014  F-350 6.7L in for an FMPP as well as other concerns, including passenger side low beam inoperative. Long story short, I diagnosed and replaced the BCM RETAIL ​due to the condition being customer induced by poorly routed auxiliary wiring installed inline with the factory headlights, causing a dead short on that circuit, in turn permanently frying that circuit internally. Upon completing the PMI, the power windows stopped working, as well as setting hard B131A:12 and B1D15:12 faults in the process. Now pulling my hair out trying to figure out if I did something wrong, and about ready to service replace the BCM I consulted Hot-Line. Here is the response:

Contact Date: Nov 07 2016 11:42:09 Technician: Michael Chan   VIN: 1FT8X3BT5EEA39541 P&A Code: A1078   R. O. Number: 193732 Vehicle: 2014 F-Super Duty
Description of Vehicle Concern:
Power windows fail to operate upon replacement of BCM to correct passenger side low beam inoperative condition.

Please list any diagnostics already performed:
Swapped over accessory delay relays as per PPT F2 in WSM Section 501-11. Attempted power window initialization procedure without success.

Parts Replaced:
BCM to correct passenger side low beam inoperative as described above.

Your Question:
BCM was replaced to correct, and successfully repair the originating condition of passenger side low beam inoperative (along with original DTC B1D01:15 setting), caused by customer damage through use of up-fitting inline auxillary headlight wiring. Upon replacement of BCM along with the PMI process required for new BCM to function, the front windows now fail to operate or initialize (along with above DTCs now setting as hard faults). Is there any other possible solution to repair this newly created condition, other than to service replace the BCM. Re-installing of the old (now de-programmed) BCM restores power window function.

Question: Body Conversion:
Answer: STOCK

DTC: B131A:12  BCM  -        DTC: B1D15:12  BCM  -     

Additional Comments

Comment From: Ford   Comment Date: Nov 07 2016 12:37:48
Michael,

It is suspected that there is an issue with the IDS software level being used, and due to this, it is recommended to attempt BCM programming using IDS 102.01 to restore Power Window operation, and clear the DTCs that are set.

Uninstall any current IDS software, and install version 102.01. To obtain this level, click the blue "Here" link from the Rotunda drop down on PTS>Diagnostic Tool Support>IDS support>Download software. Once this version has been installed, reattempt BCM programming.

If using this level restores Power Window operation, but a lighting issues still remains, refer to the appropriate pinpoint test from Workshop Manual (WSM) 417-01 to continue your diagnosis of that concern. 

Comment From: DEALER   Comment Date: Nov 07 2016 14:09:27
As previously mentioned, the lighting issue has been successfully repaired with BCM replacement and the PMI necessary to complete the installation. The power window concern has surfaced after the new BCM install. Attempting BCM reprogram now, using version 102.01 as recommended. [m-chan8][WEB]

Comment From: Ford   Comment Date: Nov 07 2016 14:57:51
Michael,

We apologize for the confusion regarding the lighting concern. If any further assistance is needed after reprogramming the BCM using version 102.01 please update this form. If the BCM reprogramming resolves the power window fault and there is no longer a concern with the vehicle, then please take a moment to fill out the survey for this contact so that the technician self-help tool can be updated with the verified fix for this concern to assist other technicians with the same symptom code entered. 

Comment From: DEALER   Comment Date: Nov 07 2016 15:34:53
Reprogramming the BCM using IDS version 102.01 repaired the power window concern created by the new BCM install. Thank you for your assistance. [m-chan8][WEB]

Comment From: Ford   Comment Date: Nov 07 2016 16:30:08
Michael,

Thank you for the update, we are glad to hear you were able to resolve the concern.

If you have a spare moment, please complete the Online Survey for this Online Technical Assistance Request. Completion of this Online Survey will publish the verified fix information to the Self Help Tool which can then be seen by other Technicians as well as us at the Technical Assistance Center for future reference if a similar concern is experienced. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

This issue is back or still here... 2014 super duty (check engine light PCM reprogram) with a vin miss-match reprogrammed bcm then power windows would not work. Hotline states you must now replace bcm  reprogramming it does not work I tried it.   (FYI you need to have two original factory keys to complete the program process. Two operating keys that are not the original kind will not work.)