16U32...

Rate this topic

As Canadians are second class citizens in the Ford world, I was wondering if somebody might know what the procedure is to be on a failed 16U32.  The only reason I ask is because we have a $103,000 Platinum F-350 sitting on the lot with a deal about to fall through if we can't give the customer an answer as to what needs to be done.  I'm under the impression that the US already has a repair procedure that has not filtered it's way up to us yet.  :cheers:

How did they come up with that time.  I imagine the 2017 isn't much different from the 2016 and you cannot claim anything other than the front cover r&r for 9.8.  Overlaps in all the other labor ops for tranny and upper oil pan say cannot claim with 6020?  Not complaining but kinda weird I guess. 

As soon as the customer found out the engine has to be removed, he pulled the plug on the deal.

You would think he would be pleased to know there was a fix and that he wouldn't be stuck with a dead truck down the road. Is he buying something different from you, or going somewhere else? I can hear it now: Customer walks into Dodge dealer "Have you seen the new Ford's? They can't get them to leave the lot without having to take the engine out. HAHA! " Then again, if he doesn't trust the service department enough to make it look like the truck was never touched, you may not want that type of customer anyways. Fix the truck and sell it to someone else.

I would have done the same thing. I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a new truck that had the engine out of it already, yes its fixed but how do you know it was put back together as good or better then when it rolled off the line? Its one thing if the truck is a few years old and needing that type of repair but being brand new no thanks, I would go pick another truck just like it that hasn't had the motor yanked out of it.

He doesn't want a brand new vehicle that has had major surgery.  The only we he'd take it was if we knocked $20K off the price.  FWIW, we finally got a repair procedure in Canada late last week.  Now, the wait for parts is on.

• 1 month later...

Have 3 lined up, 2 stock units, 1 customer owned. Talked the dealership owner to run the 2 stock units with IDS hooked up for me on Saturday, so I can test them both Monday morning. Only issue is the temperature is dropping to -28C over the weekend here, so he may have to move them into the shop first. The customer one let us have his over night as well.

Have 3 lined up, 2 stock units, 1 customer owned. Talked the dealership owner to run the 2 stock units with IDS hooked up for me on Saturday, so I can test them both Monday morning. Only issue is the temperature is dropping to -28C over the weekend here, so he may have to move them into the shop first. The customer one let us have his over night as well.

I thought this fsa was only for in stock units. Am I wrong?

That was the wording on the fsa when I read it. Unless they changed something.

I re-read it, you are correct. Problem is this, if the Service Advisor is doing their job, they will write up the recall when the vehicle comes in for another concern, because it's in OASIS. That's what happened to mine. So how do you close the recall with out claiming any time? How do you tell the customer we can't perform the recall, when we already told them about it. They messed up releasing this one for sure.